Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES (Read 54 times)

Cyberic

Run commute day for me.

Today is the fall 2017 edition of the race I hold at work. Maybe 20 participants. It's held 2 times a year: spring and fall. Winner male, and female both have the title trophy on their desk until the next race, when they have to defend the title. I also give out a medal for the most improved. That medal, the person keeps. I use an algorithm I invented to determine the improvement, and also I ask the runners 4 months in advance what their goal is for the next race, and if they reach that goal on race day, it is an automatic boost to the improvement score.

The course is EXACTLY one lap around the park, and approximately 2.85 km (1.75 miles)  . I draw a chalk line on the path, and it acts as both the starting and the finish line.

The race is not held on a fixed date, so I always choose a beautiful day.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

SRD. Just looking at spring marathons 

Ha!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good luck, Cy!

Damaris

oldfartrunner

Sounds like you are a Marathoner.

oldfartrunner

Run commute day for me.

Today is the fall 2017 edition of the race I hold at work. Maybe 20 participants. It's held 2 times a year: spring and fall. Winner male, and female both have the title trophy on their desk until the next race, when they have to defend the title. I also give out a medal for the most improved. That medal, the person keeps. I use an algorithm I invented to determine the improvement, and also I ask the runners 4 months in advance what their goal is for the next race, and if they reach that goal on race day, it is an automatic boost to the improvement score.

The course is EXACTLY one lap around the park, and approximately 2.85 km (1.75 miles)  . I draw a chalk line on the path, and it acts as both the starting and the finish line.

So the trophy stays on your desk?

RunningOnSand

Morning weirdos.

I rolled my ass out of bed this morning at 2:50 AM, headed to the gym. Today was Back day with some legs thrown in there.

No automatic alt text available.

Then I headed home and Jetta and I went for a run, I was hoping to get 3 or 4 miles.... so I am pleased to say I got 5.4 miles in. I was really feeling the squats during the run lol.......

No automatic alt text available.

Hoping to get in some little exercises tonight to focus on the booty....we'll see how I feel.

2:50AM??? Wow! Do you not need a lot of sleep?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

2:50AM??? Wow! Do you not need a lot of sleep?

I think I am barely falling asleep at that hour...

Damaris

Cyberic

So the trophy stays on your desk?

I don't run it.

If I did, I would probably win, but not by much, and maybe I wouldn't. There's a guy at work who's pretty fast. He doesn't do much volume, so at a longer distance he's not a threat, but on 1.75 miles, I would not be much faster than him.

RunningOnSand

Are you in the Midwest? If you are, check out the Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon in MN in May. It's supposed to be flat & fast! And, a small race so you don't spend a ton of time weaving around people.

zzyzx

My wife has had an evil stomach virus that she's passed to me. I've been able to rationalize rest days but instead have done weird things.

Yesterday seated dip/hip adduction/hip abduction/chin/horizontal calf/angled leg. 24 minutes of the bike on level 12 at the alpine pass setting for 9.25 miles

Today was ab crunch, shoulder press, chest press, elliptical cross country setting: 20 minutes 2.04 miles, same bike setting as yesterday 10 minutes 4.00 miles. I do feel better after the cardio even if it's only an illusion.

RunningOnSand

Run commute day for me.

Sounds awesome.

RunningOnSand

My wife has had an evil stomach virus that she's passed to me. I've been able to rationalize rest days but instead have done weird things.

Yesterday seated dip/hip adduction/hip abduction/chin/horizontal calf/angled leg. 24 minutes of the bike on level 12 at the alpine pass setting for 9.25 miles

Today was ab crunch, shoulder press, chest press, elliptical cross country setting: 20 minutes 2.04 miles, same bike setting as yesterday 10 minutes 4.00 miles. I do feel better after the cardio even if it's only an illusion.

Hope you and the wife get better ASAP, ZZY.

RunningOnSand

I think I am barely falling asleep at that hour...

Right? It's still the middle of the night at that hour.

LRB

Please hurry

It's been frustrating to say the least, I just can't seem to get out of my own way. I began the year with 9 events on the calendar and to date have raced exactly none of them. Blah.

RunningOnSand

SRD today. Massage tonight. Mission: drink all of the water has commenced! I signed up for that half. I blame you all.

Coastal, you mentioned yesterday to remember to carb up; wise words. I'm remembering a training run I did a few months ago when I didn't eat enough carbs and crashed and burned similar to yesterday. Looks like rice and some noodles are in my future.