Beginners and Beyond

Tuesdailies (Read 33 times)

Cyberic

I had a real good run and then Garmin went and fucked it up by hiccuping and going way off course. I know the route well enough to know it was 6.6 miles and averaged out to about a 6:40 pace (3 x 10:00 tempo). 

We're what? 12 days out now? One more big workout on Thursday or Friday and then coast until M-Day?

RunningOnSand

Oh I thought she was asking me 

Well ,I was. Smile Cyber, I like hearing how your legs are feeling, too. Big grin

Cyberic

LM, I would not have the time to do this kind of mileage in a "traditional plan" sorta way. All my weekday mileage is "free" (commutes and lunch break). So I use "family time" for running only on weekends, and I go out in the mornings when everybody is lounging in the house anyway.

The cost of doing it this way? Can't follow a plan.

Cyberic

Cyber, I like hearing how your legs are feeling, too. Big grin

Knew it! 

RunningOnSand

Who's with me?

Me. Although not wine. I had 2 cocktails. Wheeee! 

RunningOnSand

RunningOnSand

so did you decide / find out for sure about Wisconsin? If you can come?

He decided upon Cellcom Green Bay. If they can get their course sanctioned by then (it's still not certified!!!! ).

onemile

He decided upon Cellcom Green Bay. If they can get their course sanctioned by then (it's still not certified!!!! ).

well fuck, I'm going to be in South Africa that day 

onemile

I ran 7 with RB. Legs felt alright and it was an enjoyable run

LRB

It's almost time for wine.  I want some.  Actually, I want a lot.  Who's with me?

I spent 3 hours with my tax chick and came home to realize I was out of my drinkable stash (I have a dozen bottles or more of special occasion/novelty wine), then remembered I have a couple of bottles of homemade wine that someone gave me and that shit is drinkable. Woot!

LRB

Take a bathing suit, just in case. You might need it to run in!

LRB

BTW, I've been running 80+ mpw steady for the past months, and my team keeps losing. I remember some of your comments when I was thinking of joining a team. They are all happening!

My blood starts simmering just reading this geezus. I never wanted to choke the life out of complete strangers the way I did back then with some of their excuses for not running 6 miles. Grr....

onemile

My blood starts simmering just reading this geezus. I never wanted to choke the life out of complete strangers the way I did back then with some of their excuses for not running 6 miles. Grr....

It's raining today, so not gonna run! 

onemile

Take a bathing suit, just in case. You might need it to run in!

Hopefully the full! I didn't like the half course as much, but then, they are changing both courses this year.

LRB

is there a backup plan?

At this point I'll just be putting in the miles whenever and wherever I can. Nothing solid is planned except for my trip to Cali/Lake Tahoe the week after Wisconsin and a Graduation in Chicago the second week of June.