Beginners and Beyond

MEB WINS BOSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Read 92 times)

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Randy

Dad on the run.

MOST AWESOME FINISH EVER!!!! GO MEB!!!!!

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

There are SO, SO many reasons this is awesome!

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

happylily

I'm so happy for the US! You greatly deserved this. This was YOUR day and Boston's day! Meb and thousands of other runners made things right once again. What a glorious day!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Way to go, MEB!!

look at those splits http://www.baa.org/individual.html

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog
            Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yay!

Damaris

on my way to badass

OUTSTANDING!!!

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

HELL YEAH MEB!!!!!!!!!!!!!(gratuitously excessive exclamation points, but hopefully LTH understands the need for them today)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't call me Buttercup!

What an awesome race.  I don't think anyone really thought he was going to win when he pulled away so early.  Ass. Kicker.   Whoot!!!  What a great, great day!

And Shalane got a personal best, and an American record!  USA! USA!  LOL

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to! 

Mmmmm...beer

Amazing race, I'm so glad I was able to watch it live!  Lil nerve racking at the end when Chebet started to close, but Meb was ready for him! Big grin

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

First time to watch the race live via streaming at work.  Exciting!

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Amazing race, I'm so glad I was able to watch it live!  Lil nerve racking at the end when Chebet started to close, but Meb was ready for him! Big grin

Oh boy was Meb ready for him!  Meb didn't quite literally go "Meep! Meep!", stick out his tongue, and speed away leaving a vapor trail, but that's kind of the image I have in my mind of it!

That said...kudos to that Chebet guy on a great race.  It could not have been easy to make up that much ground to challenge there at the end.  Sure, he looked terrible when he got there, but the guy sure dug deep.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

Mmmmm...beer

Oh boy was Meb ready for him!  Meb didn't quite literally go "Meep! Meep!", stick out his tongue, and speed away leaving a vapor trail, but that's kind of the image I have in my mind of it!

That said...kudos to that Chebet guy on a great race.  It could not have been easy to make up that much ground to challenge there at the end.  Sure, he looked terrible when he got there, but the guy sure dug deep.

Absolutely, at the end of the day, Chebet should have no doubts that he left it all on the course!  That was an effort to be proud of.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Love the Half

Fuckin' A Meb!!!  (And hey, I used three of them).

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Dad on the run.

Am I the only one who thought Meb looked really great after that race? Like he had a little more in the  tank? most definitely the kind of race when everything comes together in complete harmony.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.