Beginners and Beyond

Showering in the a.m. before a race??? (Read 162 times)

Dad on the run.

I have showered before every race but I'm OCD about that.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

happylily

Are there people who go to work in the morning after laying in a bed of skin flakes all night??  Because..... ewwww.....

Smile Big grin Wink

I'm sorry to hear about your awful skin condition. Or are you even from this planet? Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

delicate flower

Sometimes I do.

Sometimes I don't.

I'm crazy like that.

<3

happylily

i try not to shower for several days before a race if possible. You want to go in there smelling like you mean it.

It's the third time I read you mention this. I'm starting to believe that you really do this. You scare me. Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

When your races start at 5-6am down here, you choose to sleep in as much as you can and fuck the shower.

Damaris

When your races start at 5-6am down here, you choose to sleep in as much as you can and fuck the shower.

With the races down there, I'm sure you would shower at every mile marker if you could.

Dave

Zentastic

Chasing Rainbows

I do my training runs in the morning so I'm used to running before showering.  Race days are no different for me.

The obstacle is the path. - Zen proverb

Weekend runs, no shower before the run.  However for races, I shower  in the morning as part of my routine getting ready for the race.

A fresh start?

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Shower before race?  Surely I do.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

workinprogress11

It never occurred to me to shower before a race.  I am one of those people who gets up as late as possible before any given event.  I always shower as soon as I can after a race because, no matter if it's hot or cold outside, about 15 minutes after a hard run I am freezing and a hot shower feels wonderful.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeah, I forgot that part.  I"m already showered before mile 1.

With the races down there, I'm sure you would shower at every mile marker if you could.

Damaris

CeeDotA

Always. Helps to wake me up, and loosen up tight muscles if it's cold.

Before a normal training run, not usually.

Current PRs:

5K: 27:06 (11/10/12) | 5M: 44:03 (6/1/13) | 10K: 1:00:48 (7/4/12)

15K: 1:27:53 (3/17/13) | 10M: 1:30:25 (4/13/13) | HM: 1:59:55 (4/28/13)

Next race: Ashland 4th of July 10K

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

The only time I shower before a race is if I plan on wearing a skirt or shorts and realize I hadn't shaved my legs. hehe

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Brilliant

The only time I shower before a race is if I plan on wearing a skirt or shorts and realize I hadn't shaved my legs. hehe

Yeah, that's a sad realization at 4:30 AM...I try to make sure the leg shaving is done the night before. Big grin

Oh, and I do shower in the morning before a race.  It's going to be however many hours before I get to shower again, and I want to at least start fresh.

sheepla

I couldn't come up with a reason, but I shower before marathons or half marathons but otherwise.

It's the people who put on full makeup before a run that fascinate me.  Ewww!