Beginners and Beyond

Bumbling ThursDAILIES (Read 39 times)

DavePNW

Anyway, some drizzle and nothing much.  I think 8pm will bring our highest winds in the 40mph range and hopefully that is it.  It's starting to turn West so it's heading to Ft. Lauderdale or just South of WPB.

My parents are in Boca Raton. But they are actually in West Boca, way inland. So far just drizzle for them too. Sounds like it won't hit them too hard.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My parents are in Boca Raton. But they are actually in West Boca, way inland. So far just drizzle for them too. Sounds like it won't hit them too hard.

But it's landing in WPB so they will get higher winds than me tonight.  Hope they are safe.  West Boca is by the Turnpike, if I remember correctly as I drive by.  That's around the same level inland as I am (turnpike is 1 mile to my left).

Damaris

No more marathons

So... racing a 5K or a 10K one or two weeks before a marathon would be a really stupid move, right??

I don't recommend that anyone take racing advice from me:  my HM PR was set one week before my Marathon PR.

That was all a few decades ago - but it is what it is.

My most recent experience was before and after Boston in 2014.

Three weeks before I set my PhatOldMan 10K PR, and 4 weeks after I set my POM 5K PR.

Marathon training sucks, but it's great for getting in shape for the shorter stuff.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Baboon

delicate flower

I ran.  Mostly easy with a little effort.  3.2 miles at 7:35 pace.  Usually these last couple of runs feel like hell, but I'm feeling pretty spunky right now.

<3

LRB

I ran 5.3. Slightly more than I intended because I've been bumbling running related shit all day I miscalculated the route.

If nothing else, I learned this morning that I can go into settings on the watch while running, and change things without affecting the run. Yay?

DavePNW

But it's landing in WPB so they will get higher winds than me tonight.  Hope they are safe.  West Boca is by the Turnpike, if I remember correctly as I drive by.  That's around the same level inland as I am (turnpike is 1 mile to my left).

They are actually even west of the Turnpike, near 441.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

They are actually even west of the Turnpike, near 441.

Even better!

Damaris

onemile

I ran 8

bluerun

Super B****

If nothing else, I learned this morning that I can go into settings on the watch while running, and change things without affecting the run. Yay?

If you PAID ATTENTION, you would have learned this along with me back in January.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Half Crazy K 2.0

5.1. Didn't feel easy. I think I overdid it the last 2 days with my new toy adjustable (sit or stand) desk at work. 

No more marathons

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

bluerun

Super B****

I don't recommend that anyone take racing advice from me:  my HM PR was set one week before my Marathon PR.

That was all a few decades ago - but it is what it is.

My most recent experience was before and after Boston in 2014.

Three weeks before I set my PhatOldMan 10K PR, and 4 weeks after I set my POM 5K PR.

Marathon training sucks, but it's great for getting in shape for the shorter stuff.

I SHOULD take advice from people who do things in unconventional ways... because I don't "train" like a normal person either.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

If you PAID ATTENTION, you would have learned this along with me back in January.

Quick, name a member of this group who pays more attention to what's posted here than me?

:crickets:

There is a difference in knowing how to do something, and actually doing it. Today for instance, I couldn't remember how to turn off Bluetooth while I was running ffs, so I stopped, and ended up saving the run by accident instead.

ARRGGH!

I eventually figured it out, but wasted too much time to run my scheduled 8, which is also how I ended up running 6.91 miles instead of 7, because apparently I can't add! But yeah, the full menu is available while the run is being recorded. Not that one ever needs to get into it, but it's nice to know.

P.S. - I don't remember you discussing this. From what I remember, the discussion centered around using Bluetooth to upload workouts on GC, as opposed to wifi.

Cyberic

Quite a weekend for B&Bs. I'm quite happy to sit these ones out, and will be even happier for every PR and every BQ. Make me happy, people!

LRB

5.1. Didn't feel easy. I think I overdid it the last 2 days with my new toy adjustable (sit or stand) desk at work. 

I wouldn't mind having one of those.