Beginners and Beyond

NFL playoffs (Read 61 times)

Village people

Lamest Super Bowl ever.  I don't want anyone to win.  I normally like the Seahawks because Russell Wilson went to Wisconsin and I got to see him play in person a few times, but I'm mad at him right now.

Just cheer for the Pats!

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Just cheer for the Pats!

It's a good thing I like you, Jan.

Running is dumb.

RSX

NE vs Luck Teams

Patriots 45, Colts  7 2015 Playoffs

Patriots 42, Colts 20 November 2014

Patriots 43, Colts 22 2014 Playoffs

Patriots 59, Colts 24 2012

When Luck turns the corner I suspect the outcomes will be in reverse.

MothAudio

I'm amused that the Patriots are such a hated franchise, after so many years (decades?) of being mediocre.   I met Steve Grogan as a kid and got his signature.   Remember him?  Yeah, didn't think so.   lol

Anyone remember the Boston Patriots? Thought so. The Pats were pretty bad for decades.

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

Village people

Anyone remember the Boston Patriots? Thought so. The Pats were pretty bad for decades.

Yeah. I remember this one year, second game of the season and our starting quarterback went down. They threw in some no name guy and...nevemiind Smile

Baboon

delicate flower

Now that I've had a chance to see/listen to all of the ESPN talking heads discuss the Packers/Seahawks game and lay out everything that happened, it's kind of stunning the series of events that occurred that cost Green Bay the game.  Mistake after mistake after mistake.  It's like they were absolutely perfect in doing everything wrong.

A pick 'em Super Bowl?  Pretty cool!

<3

DavePNW

NE vs Luck Teams

Patriots 45, Colts  7 2015 Playoffs

Patriots 42, Colts 20 November 2014

Patriots 43, Colts 22 2014 Playoffs

Patriots 59, Colts 24 2012

When Luck turns the corner Brady & Belichick are gone I suspect the outcomes will be in reverse.

FYP.

Dave

RSX

I didn't follow even my Sox at that age but read about them later. The Patriots had some terrible owners until the Kraft family saved them supposedly from moving to CT.

DavePNW

Anyone remember the Boston Patriots?

This pre-dates me following football, but the first Pats QB I remember was Jim Plunkett.

Dave

Hip Redux

That pre-dates me for sure.   They played in Fenway, right?

RSX

That pre-dates me for sure.   They played in Fenway, right?

Yes and Plunkett was QB at 1 point there

Half Crazy K 2.0

New England people, this is a really pressing question. Is there any significance to playing The Outfield's I Don't Want to Lose Your Love Tonight? It seems like it is played each game?

Am I dating myself that I knew the song?

RSX

New England people, this is a really pressing question. Is there any significance to playing The Outfield's I Don't Want to Lose Your Love Tonight? It seems like it is played each game?

They have a playlist (not sure if it's pre-game) and that's on it. Enter Sandman and Crazy Train are there also. Those 2 are motivating songs so I'm not sure of the significance yet.

DavePNW

You don't really have to worry about dating yourself in a group tossing out Boston Patriots references.

Dave

LRB

You don't really have to worry about dating yourself in a group tossing out Boston Patriots references.

And those who remember the marathon bar, or know who Morris the cat is.