Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies # 205 (Read 25 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! Up and at em!

I don't know which workout I'll do but I have the dentist to put the crown they worked on two weeks ago, meetings galore, and either 6 or 9 with MP and HMP segments.

Damaris

Rest day😀 had done 10 days in a row including pool run swim.

sorta rest day, tree fell from our neighbors yard into ours so had to start clearing it before I leave for work at 7:55

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Daffy - that's a project! At least you have a chain saw. I'd be out there with my axe and hand saw...

Ran 2 this morning. Just didn't feel like running and legs were feeling dead again along with the niggling pain in the left hip/groin. Decided not to push at all. Did some leg strength and upper body stuff instead.

Cyberic

Morning,

I ran like 9 miles with 2 x (4km / 8minutes) by feel. Took that workout from Hudson's book. Original is 2 x (2.5 miles @10K / 1mile). I did a rather equivalent workout except I did not hit 10K pace at all, and I was not quite pushing at 10K effort either. I pushed what I felt like pushing, given the workout I had to do. No pressure. 

Garmin seems to be down, so I have not looked at my 4K splits yet, but I looked at my watch towards the end of the splits and I was at about 6:25 pace for both 4Ks.  While I'm at conversions, 4K is actually 2.49 miles, so my feel of equivalent workouts was pretty good. 8 minutes jog instead of a mile is also similar 9although an actual mile would have taken me maybe 30s more, but who cares).

Daffy - that's a project! At least you have a chain saw. I'd be out there with my axe and hand saw...

Ran 2 this morning. Just didn't feel like running and legs were feeling dead again along with the niggling pain in the left hip/groin. Decided not to push at all. Did some leg strength and upper body stuff instead.

That saw was the best purchase I’ve ever made.  Bought it in 1994 when we bought a house with a heavily wood lot, 3hp electric, $70.... don’t use it for a few year and it’s still always ready to go.

onemile

I ran 8 with Mona and URP. I thought with cooler temps today I would do better but no. I sucked.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Garmin seems to be down, so I have not looked at my 4K splits yet, but I looked at my watch towards the end of the splits and I was at about 6:25 pace for both 4Ks.  While I'm at conversions, 4K is actually 2.49 miles, so my feel of equivalent workouts was pretty good. 8 minutes jog instead of a mile is also similar 9although an actual mile would have taken me maybe 30s more, but who cares).

I found the same. Workout wouldn't transfer from watch to phone app.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

That saw was the best purchase I’ve ever made.  Bought it in 1994 when we bought a house with a heavily wood lot, 3hp electric, $70.... don’t use it for a few year and it’s still always ready to go.

next time I'm trimming branches or dealing with a fallen limb, I'm going to look at buying one like that. I never wanted to deal with a gas engine I only used a few times a year or less so electric would make a lot of sense. I assume it's been very reliable and is powered enough to handle most tasks?

Baboon

delicate flower

Re: Garmin, it looks like it's been down for the better part of 10 hours now.  I uploaded my morning run using the charging cable, which doesn't help with GarminConnect, but it works for RA and Strava.

<3

Cyberic

Re: Garmin, it looks like it's been down for the better part of 10 hours now.  I uploaded my morning run using the charging cable, which doesn't help with GarminConnect, but it works for RA and Strava.

That's quite a maintenance they're doing. Probably had a few hiccups. I'm in no hurry for now, and if I become restless I'll use the cable also.

Baboon

delicate flower

That's quite a maintenance they're doing. Probably had a few hiccups. I'm in no hurry for now, and if I become restless I'll use the cable also.

It sounds like they are experiencing quite the shitfuck:

We are currently experiencing an outage that affects Garmin Connect, and as a result, the Garmin Connect website and mobile app are down at this time. This outage also affects our call centers, and we are currently unable to receive any calls, emails or online chats. We are working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible and apologize for this inconvenience.

<3

Cyberic

It sounds like they are experiencing quite the shitfuck:

We are currently experiencing an outage that affects Garmin Connect, and as a result, the Garmin Connect website and mobile app are down at this time. This outage also affects our call centers, and we are currently unable to receive any calls, emails or online chats. We are working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible and apologize for this inconvenience.

Shit happens!

next time I'm trimming branches or dealing with a fallen limb, I'm going to look at buying one like that. I never wanted to deal with a gas engine I only used a few times a year or less so electric would make a lot of sense. I assume it's been very reliable and is powered enough to handle most tasks?

I only bought the 3hp as I new I was going to take out 1 maple and two oaks about 1’ in diameter and an cherry that was 22 inches in diameter.,, the 3hp is a bit heavy to take up on a bladder. 

the only thing I’ve had to do is replace the chain after cutting up the cherry;  cherry is wicked hard and I  smoked the chain.

Cyberic

I ran 8 with Mona and URP. I thought with cooler temps today I would do better but no. I sucked.

How do you judge your Mona? General feel? By the paces reached? By the pace of the floats dropping too much? By the total distance? Just wondering.