Beginners and Beyond

The Longest MonDAILIES (Read 36 times)

Cyberic

EVER

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I was in New Orleans in June 2010. I dunno if Miami is hotter than New Orleans, but if it is, I AINT EVER going to Miami.

Good strategy.  Ha.  NO is as humid as here but when I was there, it wasn't even close to the same weather as us.  Now, never go to Texas!

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Weather channel yesterday was saying North Dakota is hotter than Miami in summer. I think it was days over 100?

LRB

Texas (Houston), while humid, wasn't as bad for me as Miami. But there was a slight breeze both times. Arkansas was actually worse than Houston to me.

Miami on the other hand, was stupid fucking hot, and humid. And the sun felt as if it was sitting on top of my head. You would never hear the end of it if we had those conditions up here but because I was on vacation, I didn't mind it. At all.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Weather channel yesterday was saying North Dakota is hotter than Miami in summer. I think it was days over 100?

Miami will never have the highest temperatures, because it's too humid for temps to go that high with 80 dewpoint (the more humid the place, the less likely the temps go above 100F - our highest could be high 90s but rarely 100F actual temps).  But our heat indexes are above 100F almost every day since April to October.

For example, it is normal here to have heat indexes of 20 degrees higher than normal temps.  We don't actually look at real temps until October because they don't really tell the story of whether you can go outside or not.  We look at heat indexes and stickiness factor (some weird shit they made up here to measure how fucking humid it is).

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Texas (Houston), while humid, wasn't as bad for me as Miami. But there was a slight breeze both times. Arkansas was actually worse than Houston to me.

Miami on the other hand, was stupid fucking hot, and humid. And the sun felt as if it was sitting on top of my head. You would never hear the end of it if we had those conditions up here but because I was on vacation, I didn't mind it. At all.

That's cause you were drinking and on the beach, confess.

Damaris

LRB

That's cause you were drinking and on the beach, confess.

I was on the beach for about 17 seconds before turning 176 shades of black. That was enough of that nonsense.  lol

Cyberic

I was on the beach for about 17 seconds before turning 176 shades of black. That was enough of that nonsense.  lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

There is no vitamin D deficiency here even during rainy season. Lol

Damaris

Cyberic

As I said before, I'm wearing my 620 strap lately.

I remember a previous talk about VO2Max where some said that the watch gave them false readings after a race, becuase, well, it was a race and of course they ran faster.

I notice the opposite. Right now I'm between 2 values. On an interval day (today), the watch gives me the lower reading. It will probably be on the lower reading again tomorrow. But if I ran easy a second day in a row, the reading goes up. Funny how it thinks I have better fitness when I run easy than when I run hard.

onemile

I remember a previous talk about VO2Max where some said that the watch gave them false readings after a race, becuase, well, it was a race and of course they ran faster.

I notice the opposite. Right now I'm between 2 values. On an interval day (today), the watch gives me the lower reading. It will probably be on the lower reading again tomorrow. But if I ran easy a second day in a row, the reading goes up. Funny how it thinks I have better fitness when I run easy than when I run hard.

Does it know your max HR?

Do you know your max HR?

Maybe you are very inefficient at running fast.

workinprogress11

5 miles.

LRB

I couldn't be bothered with any of it, so I am of zero help to you (I didn't buy the HRM for my 620). I use the 5k as my VO2 max number, then try to run it, or get as close to it as possible at other distances.

For what it's worth, I believe a 12 minute run at all out pace is the true measure of VO2 max, but I could be, and probably am wrong. Because being wrong is something I'm actually good at. lol

Half Crazy K 2.0

Lower body weights and core.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Lunch with bluerun was nice!  She is very noce, don't tell her, shhhh.

Damaris