Beginners and Beyond

Lazy SunDailies (Read 40 times)

LRB

Uggghhhh.  I currently have a 6 yr old cuddling with me, so I doubt it, and I'm totally ok with it. Smile

Hip Redux

So I'm looking at Mr. O's splits and realize that he ran a 7:05 26th mile, which was his fastest mile of the whole damn thing.

LRB

So I'm looking at Mr. O's splits and realize that he ran a 7:05 26th mile, which was his fastest mile of the whole damn thing.

He slammed the door on that thing!

Zelanie

Procrastinating my run so badly that I went outside, my watch wouldn't sync, and I came back in and had lunch.  Now I'm heading to the store.   I'm used to running later in the day, so that will be better, right?

Also, totally scared of today's workout.  I need to do it just to see that I can do it.  So, high drama day in my head, hehe.  Off to the store!

LRB

I'm gonna head out to see The Martian in 3-D and D-Box in a few. No date for me today so it'll just be me and my cup of wine. The ticket is $20.50 though so maybe that's good. lol

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

, I had NO races this weekend for a change.  Did a nice run/walk at Fort Sam Houston on Saturday; and this morning 4.5 miles along the San Antonio Riverwalk.  Weather for both was sweeet.   This morning, 69 degrees, 35% humidity, dewpoint in the 50s.  And that was at 10 a.m.    I started and finished at the VFW building on the Riverwalk and afterwards a couple of friends and I enjoyed a cold beer.

Then came home and enjoyed my Redskins victory over the Eagles.  Sweet.  Now if the Cowboys will just behave themselves tonite and lose to the Saints, all will be right with the world.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Half Crazy K 2.0

8 hilly miles with some weird bright orb in the sky.

Scottydawg, no races? Does that ever happen.

Cjones, I was really worried about the PM today. Indian buffet plus running can be a dicey combo.

LRB

Now if the Cowboys will just behave themselves tonite and lose to the Saints, all will be right with the world.

lol

DavePNW

Procrastinating my run so badly that I went outside, my watch wouldn't sync, and I came back in and had lunch.  Now I'm heading to the store.   I'm used to running later in the day, so that will be better, right?

I am realizing why I run first thing in the morning, before my brain is fully functional. Did not do so today, and it keeps getting pushed off. Does not help that there has been football on continuously since 6:30 AM. And a bunch of jobs around the house that had to be done before the weekend is over (i.e. before DW gets back from out of town). Day's not over yet I guess.

Oh and MTA: Bears win!! Finally. They're not going 0-16.

Dave

Zelanie

Ok, Dave, you're on. I'll go out and run if you will.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

3.4 miles out on the trails with the doggies, my legs were a bit sore - mainly my right hamstring but nothing unexpected. I would've tried for 4-5 but there were so  many people out there (nice, beautiful day and all) that it was driving me crazy.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Oh and MTA: Bears win!! Finally. They're not going 0-16.

That was gutsy playing for the 50 yard field goal instead of trying to get closer, but it worked. Not so much for Jacksonville, oof.

DavePNW

Ok, Dave, you're on. I'll go out and run if you will.

You first. 

Dave

DavePNW

That was gutsy playing for the 50 yard field goal instead of trying to get closer, but it worked. Not so much for Jacksonville, oof.

Well Robbie Gould is a stud. Except for that extra point he missed, which was very nearly the deciding factor.

I sort of feel bad for JAX, but I have a couple Indy players on my fantasy team, so....

Dave

LRB

Well Robbie Gould is a stud. Except for that extra point he missed, which was very nearly the deciding factor.

I sort of feel bad for JAX, but I have a couple Indy players on my fantasy team, so....

I took Indy in my pool, and Chicago FFS.