Beginners and Beyond

The new list is out; Do not say these words in 2015 (Read 105 times)

LRB

lol at Boon.

LRB

I hate with a passion tote and jelly and all the other words like amazeballs that make one look like he/she is 12 years old. Grow up for god's sake. 

Hilarious!

Lauren I have never heard of that but I can see your point!

Little Blue

I would also like to add "work flow" to the list. My cousin uses it on Facebook to apparently describe her work outfit of the day, and my brain just explodes every time.

Can we quit pretending that other people care what we're wearing?

From the Internet.

Can we quit pretending that other people care what we're wearing?

Please! Half the time I don't even care what I'm wearing!

From the Internet.

Hilarious!

Lauren I have never heard of that but I can see your point!

I think it's just something she made up, I've never seen anyone else use it, haha. Still would like to see it banned. I suppose I could just hide her posts on facebook, but then what would I complain about? :P

bluerun

Super B****

Just shut up.  Nobody talk.  Problem solved.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

Just shut up.  Nobody talk.  Problem solved.

And watch the annual New Years Eve/Day Twilight Zone marathon on the sci fi network.  

tracilynn

Jelly and amazeballs. Yes.

Colorflow. Hmmm. I don't get it either Lauren. Ha!

Dont put meh on the list. That one has grown on me.

~~~~~~~

Traci

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

And watch the annual New Years Eve/Day Twilight Zone marathon on the sci fi network.  

+1

That's what I was doing last night. I was oblivious to when the new year arrived being engrossed in the episodes.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

You Rang?

Can I add "experience"?  I'm sorry, not every venture out is an experience.  I do not have a banking experience. I do not have a dry cleaning or shopping experience.  Those are called errands.  I do not have an automotive experience.  I have my tires rotated.  If I have a dining experience, it had better be at somewhere swanky, not Panera Bread.

Similar to Little Blue, I'd like to add the word "Journey" when used to describe a long and difficult training regimen or in any other non-travel or non-Steve Perry  related context.  I did not have a "Weight Loss Journey" I put the fork down.  Meb did journey to the finish line at Boston last year.  I'm sure it involved an airplane from his home in San Diego, a bus or car to Hopkinton, followed by two hours and eight minutes of really fast running.

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

Hip Redux

I think we got rid of "epic" and "journey" last year.  It didn't stick though. lol

From the Internet.

I think we got rid of "epic" and "journey" last year.  It didn't stick though. lol

One of the worst sentences I have ever seen on the internet was "I'm rocking a weight loss journey." That might have been the very peak of journey overuse.

fro yo fanatic

I would like to add "iconic" and the phrase, "that being said".

kettledrum

How bad is it that I haven't heard of a number of these?

Singer who runs a smidge

Onboarding.  Some telemarketer called me at work and asked if I was involved with onboarding in my lab.  I don't even know what that is, so I told him no.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.