Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies are for jogging (Read 38 times)

Baboon

delicate flower

It is 7:30 already how about you wake up!  I've got a 13.1 mile race to go jog in a bit.  Really though the post-race feast is the real story though.  A full spread hosted by the high school's culinary students, including brownies the size of a shoe.  I will, indeed, ESU.

I slept north of 10 hours last night.  Much needed.

Speak up!

<3

Walk-Jogger

Good luck at your 13.1 mile jog-athon, Baboon! I may go do something similar, if the rain looks like it might stop.

Retired &  Loving It

Cyberic

Good luck Baboon!

I'll head out for cold miles on unknown sidewalk conditions as I haven't been here in the past days to know what's been going on. The shoe choice is gonna be difficult (screws or no screws).

LRB

'Sup boyz.

Like E, I do not know what awaits me on the sidewalks, I will not mot be using screws though. If I run east and north, most of that area is usually shoveled, so that's the plan.

LRB

Good luck Baboon!

And to PleasantRidge; who will pop his marathon cherry today. Cool

Baboon

delicate flower

And to PleasantRidge; who will pop his marathon cherry today. Cool

Gooooo PleasantRidge!  26.2 is a low volume day for him. Piece of cake.

<3

LRB

26.2 is a low volume day for him. Piece of cake.

Hmm, I didn't think about that. You speaketh wisdometh.

DavePNW

Gooooo PleasantRidge!  26.2 is a low volume day for him. Piece of cake.

Yes. Recovery day. Good luck PR!

Run a bit later. But before that, ESU. Wait - am I supposed to do that after? I get mixed up. Better do both, to be safe.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Apparently Dorian still has some little bug, and dairy products aren't agreeing with it, he puked this morning.... I wasn't able to run the race this morning and I have yet to get in a run.... thankfully it is going to be a really nice day today so I'll take Dorian for an easy 5 mile run in a bit, then hopefully, just hopefully this evening I can take the dogs for a 6-7... maybe an 8 mile run on the trails.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

I ran 6. In wind so strong that had I taken an umbrella, I would be in Georgia right now!

No more marathons

It's beautiful here today, but I just got back from breakfast - so if I run today it won't be until later.  Plan on 8 or so either today or tomorrow.  Might even through in a few 200's on the track just for funsies.

Go Babs in the half.

And freesoul hope you get those miles - we could use them this week.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

From the Internet.

I got a fantastic night of sleep, got up early to stop by work, and ran 8 with my club. Took a bit of a different route today that had us going uphill for almost a full mile in the second half of the run - all the hills lately are doing good things for me because it was only a little hard instead of completely miserable!

Hope PR and Boon have (or had, at this point for Boon?) good races!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  RD for me. At the WW2 museum and this might take all day.

Good luck, Pleasant Ridge and Baboon.

Damaris

workinprogress11

Good luck, Pleasant Ridge and Baboon.

Last night I had chills all night and couldn't get warm. No fever though. This morning I slept until 11:30 (wtf?) and woke up feeling exhausted and run down with body aches. No other symptoms though. Weird.

Depending on on how all of that shakes out, I'll run either 4 or 8 later.

Baboon

delicate flower

1:34:48.  Nailed it.  Hill after hill after hill.  5 minutes better than last year.  13/51 AG, 59/529 OA.  Fast field.  Really happy with my race today.

<3