Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES - Have you hugged your treadmill lately? (Read 33 times)

DavePNW

Forgot to say: 3 miles at 6:35 mpm steady state, Rick? That's something I will NEVER be able to write in the dailies. Jeeze, that's a lot of speed for a steady state run... Well done!

+1

I don't believe I have ever clocked a mile below 7, and that's only when I have an urgent bathroom need & the nearest facilities are a mile away.

Dave

LRB

+1

I don't believe I have ever clocked a mile below 7, and that's only when I have an urgent bathroom need & the nearest facilities are a mile away.

You train for distance so that time has not come for you yet.  The same was the case for me two years ago when I trained specifically for the marathon.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You train for distance so that time has not come for you yet.  The same was the case for me two years ago when I trained specifically for the marathon.

What are YOU training for?

I am afraid of doing speedwork until at least 3-4 weeks of easy running has gone by.  Just in case.

Damaris

LRB

What are YOU training for?

I am afraid of doing speedwork until at least 3-4 weeks of easy running has gone by.  Just in case.

A half marathon of course, which is slowly creeping up on my ass. lol

You run easy 4 to 6 weeks under Daniels before even doing strides.  Of course you are an experienced runner with a solid base so your time table of 3-4 weeks is just about perfect.

Just B.S.

Living with crap loads of snow and temps  30F or less for 5 months a year doesn't allow for much

except freezing your ass off in all aspects of daily life Smile Not perfect for much of anything unless you love

skiing or ice fishing.

I have a bike. I love my bike. I just wish I could ride my bike for more than 6 months a year.

10 more years until retirement and moving day!!

It's heavenly, yes, unless you run in it all year long.  For the beach and vacation, it's perfect weather.  Although the beaches here are meh.

Please tell them not to make fun of the biker on the sidewalk this evening.  It's the only way we can bike there.  And I don't look like a cyclist in my quirky helmet.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

A half marathon of course, which is slowly creeping up on my ass. lol

You run easy 4 to 6 weeks under Daniels before even doing strides.  Of course you are an experienced runner with a solid base so your time table of 3-4 weeks is just about perfect.

My plans have slightly changed but I am still considering Daniels.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Living with crap loads of snow and temps  30F or less for 5 months a year doesn't allow for much

except freezing your ass off in all aspects of daily life Smile Not perfect for much of anything unless you love

skiing or ice fishing.

I have a bike. I love my bike. I just wish I could ride my bike for more than 6 months a year.

10 more years until retirement and moving day!!

I have always said your place is the polar opposite of mine.

Damaris

LRB

My plans have slightly changed but I am still considering Daniels.

Yeah I meant whomever you use not necessarily him, it is a good rule of thumb to follow.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeah I meant whomever you use not necessarily him, it is a good rule of thumb to follow.

Yes.  Plan is to do two more easy weeks and add strides.  Then, I think tempos once I find my TM pace.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

For those that remember her from the BF dailies, I texted Maloyo (Mary) who lives a few blocks from the explosion but she is OK.

Damaris

LRB

I remember her.  Good.

I remember her.  Good.

+1

3.87 jog in the polar vortex, and I am seriously considering moving south.

Just B.S.

You and me both Jay. Let me know where you are headed! At least we wouldn't have

to shovel humidity or live in 5 layers of clothing for months on end  Smile

This was upon arriving home BEFORE the blizzard (and we had lots of melting this week.

It's freaking the middle of March Mother Nature pay attention, you are getting things all wrong. LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1

3.87 jog in the polar vortex, and I am seriously considering moving south.

LRB

For dinner I made a Jethro Bodine size bowl of old fashioned oats (the kind that takes 10 minutes to cook), scrambled eggs, Morningstar sausage links, and flax-seed toast w/ strawberry jam.

Me a happy boy! 

LRB

It's freaking the middle of March Mother Nature pay attention, you are getting things all wrong. LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The pic is not showing up.

MTA:  I see it now.  It was my stupid computer.  Oh, and DAYUM!