Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday is The Answer (Read 44 times)

DavePNW

Lunchtime!  Guess I have to go buy a pint of ice cream

Sounds good. In the meantime, I had my oatmeal, banana, and Clif bar all finished by around 8:30. That's supposed to last me till at least 9:30. Now it's 10:00 and I'm hungry. I may just have to go for the apple I usually have at 3:00, and figure out something when I get to that point. Actually I have a 2-4 meeting, so probably would have to skip that anyway. Sucks to have to plan your whole day around food.

Dave

LRB

Sucks to have to plan your whole day around food.

Not when you can eat anything on the menu without regret! Cool

#expandyourhorizons

bluerun

Super B****

Sounds good. In the meantime, I had my oatmeal, banana, and Clif bar all finished by around 8:30. That's supposed to last me till at least 9:30. Now it's 10:00 and I'm hungry. I may just have to go for the apple I usually have at 3:00, and figure out something when I get to that point. Actually I have a 2-4 meeting, so probably would have to skip that anyway. Sucks to have to plan your whole day around food.

It was not good.  A pint of ice cream is way too much to eat in one sitting!  (I thought it sounded like fun.  Until I did it, when I had my second wisdom tooth extracted.  I should have chosen a flavor I didn't like quite so much, because now it's ruined for me.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Cyberic

Cy, we are booked!  Hubby got a car. Ugh.

A car? In downtown Montreal? Unless I was really allergic to walking, it would not be my choice.

Cyberic

9.75 miles with 4 x 1.5 miles w/800

10:16, 10:20, 10:18, 10:17

Under a 75*, not too humid, noon sun,

happylily

Cy, we are booked!  Hubby got a car. Ugh.

A car is perfect to come visit me. I'm just a bridge away. Supper at my house Friday night if you're up to it!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

StepbyStep-SH

re: Dogs - I've only had a couple of run-ins that made me nervous, and don't carry pepper spray very often.

re: food - Bacon and pancakes for breakfast since it was DS's first day of school. Had to do something to make him happy, since the poor guy was up for a couple of hours in the middle of the night so tense I would swear he was vibrating. I laid down with him for about 20 minutes just massaging his back and trying to talk him through relaxation techniques, but it still took him another hour after that to fall asleep.

re: workouts - No running today, but I went a strength training class for the first time close to a year, and despite using pathetically embarrassingly small weights, I still feel like a bowl of jello and will be seriously sore tomorrow, unless tonight's 90-minute martial arts class flushes it all out of my system. Tongue

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Cyberic

A car is perfect to come visit me. I'm just a bridge away. Supper at my house Friday night if you're up to it!

She is right! Getting to a bridge from downtown is not too far, and then the car rental would become useful.

From the Internet.

Not when you can eat anything on the menu without regret! Cool

#expandyourwaist

In my case. I'm feeling very fluffy these days.

I'm also hungry. Eating my peach, then hitting up the gym, and then probably scavenging for some kind of snack at the coffee shop.

DavePNW

I'm also hungry. Eating my peach, then hitting up the gym, and then probably scavenging for some kind of snack at the coffee shop.

I went for my apple. Now only ~45 min till I can have lunch, I should be able to tough that one out. I did manage to avoid stopping at the donut shop (right around the corner from my gym) before work, maybe that was my problem.

Dave

onemile

Speaking of runger... I just restocked my desk drawer - almonds, oatmeal, dried apricots.

LRB

I alternate between almonds and walnuts in my desk. Spelt chips, Beanitos and veggie chips. Werther's original and Life Savers, and Trident watermelon flavored gum.

The hard candy really comes in handy in the afternoon, when the sugar crave is at its highest for some stupid reason.

Soft candy goes down too easily, so I tend to eat more of it. I thus stay away from it for the most part.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

A car? In downtown Montreal? Unless I was really allergic to walking, it would not be my choice.

I told him that!

Lily, I'll try.  At least he might be OK with us meeting somewhere but he is allergic to people. Sad

Damaris

onemile

I alternate between almonds and walnuts in my desk. Spelt chips, Beanitos and veggie chips. Werther's original and Life Savers, and Trident watermelon flavored gum.

The hard candy really comes in handy in the afternoon, when the sugar crave is at its highest for some stupid reason.

Soft candy goes down too easily, so I tend to eat more of it. I thus stay away from it for the most part.

I try to choose things that are only appealing when I'm really hungry...otherwise it will disappear in a day.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I try to choose things that are only appealing when I'm really hungry...otherwise it will disappear in a day.

........omg what a brilliant idea...... I should freaking try this lol.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)