Beginners and Beyond

HIM SaturDAILIES (Read 38 times)

DavePNW

1:36:46 for a 2 minute PR. Avg pace 7:24, mile 13 in 6:59. Booyah!

More deets.

• 4th AG. Small race, but gdmn fast old dudes. 
    • Weather was great. Temps in low 50's; steady drizzle the whole time, but never got hard enough to be distracting (but of course ended up soaked by the end).
    • Course was pancake flat. However about 5 miles was unpaved. Various forms of dirt road, gravel, and bigger rocks. Most of it wasn't too bad, and didn't feel like it slowed me down too much, but certainly not ideal. 
    • Paced it like a boss. Look at those splits. LOOK AT THEM! Before putting the hammer down in the last mile, ranged from 7:24 to 7:30. 
    • That final mile, as well as the fact that in general there was not as much late-race suffering as usual, suggest that I had a faster time in me if I was more aggressive. But I'll take the 2 minute PR for now. 
    • Completes a string of 4 PR's in 4 distances since 4/1. And all of them were massive. It's been a good few months. 

Dave

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Boom diggity!

5:17 half ironman.  I rocked it.  I'm fockin' tired.

excellent!

Runner with a riding problem.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

1:36:46 for a 2 minute PR. Avg pace 7:24, mile 13 in 6:59. Booyah!

Awesome sandbagging!

Runner with a riding problem.

Runshortii

• Paced it like a boss. Look at those splits. LOOK AT THEM! Before putting the hammer down in the last mile, ranged from 7:24 to 7:30. 

Damn. Those are some nice looking splits.  I'm jealous, I can't pace for the life of me. Nice job! 50 degrees, I'm jealous!

LRB

It's been a good few months. 

I can't believe you're even acknowledging that. Thank you! lol

LRB

• That final mile, as well as the fact that in general there was not as much late-race suffering as usual, suggest that I had a faster time in me if I was more aggressive. 

Who can say. I have never had a faster last mile at any distance longer than the 10k, but I'll take finishing strong any day.

Cyberic

It's been a good few months. 

You were stuck with the "badluck before a race" bug for a while, there. All that training is finally paying off. I see more PRs in your future!

onemile

More deets.

• 4th AG. Small race, but gdmn fast old dudes. 
                  • Weather was great. Temps in low 50's; steady drizzle the whole time, but never got hard enough to be distracting (but of course ended up soaked by the end).
                  • Course was pancake flat. However about 5 miles was unpaved. Various forms of dirt road, gravel, and bigger rocks. Most of it wasn't too bad, and didn't feel like it slowed me down too much, but certainly not ideal. 
                  • That final mile, as well as the fact that in general there was not as much late-race suffering as usual, suggest that I had a faster time in me if I was more aggressive. But I'll take the 2 minute PR for now. 
                  • Completes a string of 4 PR's in 4 distances since 4/1. And all of them were massive. It's been a good few months. 

A 2 minute PR is pretty great. Congrats.

onemile

10 miles in 1:19:43. Blah. It felt hard from the start, but I did have a roughly 30 second negative split. I was 4th for my age group at the halfway mark and 2nd at the finish. Fastest mile was my last. Maybe I should go out faster, but I hate blowing up. Top girl ran it in 1:05. It was a nice course and a nice race. It's the 37th year so it's a pretty well established race in the community

hope everyone else's runs and races went well!

Fairly warm out today - even already this morning with the sun. Nice job.

onemile

5:17 half ironman.  I rocked it.  I'm fockin' tired.

You were able to run pretty fast after all that other nonsense. Congrats!

DavePNW

You were able to run pretty fast after all that other nonsense. Congrats!

IK,R? If my math is right, isn't that like a 1:40ish HM?

Dave

DavePNW

10 miles in 1:19:43. Blah. It felt hard from the start, but I did have a roughly 30 second negative split. I was 4th for my age group at the halfway mark and 2nd at the finish. Fastest mile was my last. Maybe I should go out faster, but I hate blowing up. Top girl ran it in 1:05. It was a nice course and a nice race. It's the 37th year so it's a pretty well established race in the community

Sounds familiar! Congrats on a nice race.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damn. Those are some nice looking splits.  I'm jealous, I can't pace for the life of me. Nice job! 50 degrees, I'm jealous!

That's the only that makes me sad about missing today's Seattle Marathon.  50F at the start, 60ish at the finish.

6 miles on the TM done.

Damaris

Cyberic

IK,R? If my math is right, isn't that like a 1:40ish HM?

1:41:53

onemile

I ran 5. Warm and sunny out today.