Beginners and Beyond

To Rain or not to Rain SunDAILIES (Read 28 times)

RunningOnSand

That's what my weather is trying to figure out, lol. Whatcha got today?

7mi: 6 on incline/decline on access road, left and right modest road crown...middle ham did a little better that it did last Tuesday, and then 1 on the dirt trail.

Rained a bit last evening but wasn’t ghastly humid in the woods this morning, only 80%

Half Crazy K 2.0

Trying to decide if I want to save some money. Should I register for this today? It's $60 now, will go up to $95 on race day.  Pros-flat and for a first time course, I would think it's harder to screw up a course with 1 turn. Cons-first time event and I have to start training in the summer.

Baboon

delicate flower

'Morning.  Saw a PT yesterday and he says my sore calf is related to a hamstring issue (thanks, Dave).  It's funny because my hamstring has felt just fine, until the PT went to work on it, and then HOLY SHIT THE PAIN!  I'm talking a solid 9 on a scale to 10.  I asked him if that was normal when he massages someone, so he did the same thing to the other hammy and there was no pain on that one, so that pain is not normal.  He told me to keep running but keep the distance and effort dialed back, and to work the hell out of the hammy with stretching and rolling, and he gave me some stretches to do.  He said it's going to be sore for quite a while but will go away if I keep working on it and I can train through it, so that's good.  I asked him if I should stop running and he said NO because then I won't be ready for my Ironman.  It's great going to someone that understands.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I remember those massages after my knee surgery.  Ouch.

I have 14 miles today.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

16.4 miles done this morning.... it wasn't pretty.

Hey LRB........... guess what that gives me for June 

I'm sure I'll be regretting it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

16.4 miles done this morning.... it wasn't pretty.

Hey LRB........... guess what that gives me for June 

I'm sure I'll be regretting it.

You're welcome. 👍

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

You're welcome. 👍

Lol, just please don't put any more crazy ideas into my head... 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

'Morning.  Saw a PT yesterday and he says my sore calf is related to a hamstring issue 

Just curious, the outside ham and the peroneus in the calf?

sdWhiskers

I was 58 m (190 ft) short of my strava June 2000m elevation goal. I'm staying with friends in a hilly neighborhood so did 4.6 mile hot/humid loop. Should be enough? Well STRAVA ISNT WORKING so I have no idea. So I ran up another hill just to be sure. I never check elevation on Garmin connect app but seems like I'm probably short based on correlation with recent runs. Do I run more?? Stupid strava. I can't miss this goal by a few meters, even if it's a stupid goal. On the flip side, I'm dying in this weather.

LRB

I was 58 m (190 ft) short of my strava June 2000m elevation goal. I'm staying with friends in a hilly neighborhood so did 4.6 mile hot/humid loop. Should be enough? Well STRAVA ISNT WORKING so I have no idea. So I ran up another hill just to be sure. I never check elevation on Garmin connect app but seems like I'm probably short based on correlation with recent runs. Do I run more?? Stupid strava. I can't miss this goal by a few meters, even if it's a stupid goal. On the flip side, I'm dying in this weather.

bluerun loathed Strava's measuring system. She routinely got shorted on totals.

LRB

Lol, just please don't put any more crazy ideas into my head... 

Like what, suggest you start a June miles thread? Why on earth would I do that?

LRB

Blah, blah, blah, blah fucking blah. I guess I should go run now. 

sdWhiskers

bluerun loathed Strava's measuring system. She routinely got shorted on totals.

I don't care which app is actually correct.  But it needs to be 2000m as measured by strava for this 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Like what, suggest you start a June miles thread? Why on earth would I do that?

Lol, that's not a crazy idea.

On another note, my Instinct only went down one bar from full this time  so now I am very confused about what on Earth happened last Sunday lol

PRs