Beginners and Beyond

Dark & Windy ThursDAILIES (Read 38 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

But I'm late to the party so feel free to, you know, nevermind.

Damaris

DavePNW

Speaking of stupid and dumb, what do you think of the Martian as a spring marathon? I'm sure the kids wouldn't mind the visit. Smile

That was a pretty good race. Flat, well organized, special reserved parking right at the start for the marathoners. Not much scenery, but that's NBD. And I did not enjoy running into the slower half-runners on the back portion after ~mile 20. And if I'm going to visit MI, not that time of year. 

I am actually thinking about Eugene.

Dave

LRB

That was a pretty good race. Flat, well organized, special reserved parking right at the start for the marathoners. Not much scenery, but that's NBD. And I did not enjoy running into the slower half-runners on the back portion after ~mile 20. And if I'm going to visit MI, not that time of year. 

I am actually thinking about Eugene.

That works!

Pros, cons?

on my way to badass

I always have trouble with posting photos from Instagram on here for some reason.

I tried posting from 3 different sources. No luck.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

LRB

I tried posting from 3 different sources. No luck.

Of the three, tinypic should work. Damaris is one of the few who can post from FB here. I don't even know how to do it. Is there a direct link option on tinypic? I use photobucket, and there are three options for copying but only one of them actually work.

MTA: There was a time a few years ago that I actually posted a pic for you. Do you remember that?

Cyberic

Facebook pic test

LRB

DavePNW

That works!

Pros, cons?

It's a road trip - about 5 hrs drive. A lot of folks in the NW say it's a pretty fast course. People who are big track & field fans get worked up about the fact that you finish on Hayward Field.

Dave

DavePNW

Is there a direct link option on tinypic? 

Yes.

Dave

Cyberic

What I did (facebook pic) is I first double-clicked on the picture from the news wire, so the picture came up in its own window.

Then you right click on the picture, and copy the image's address (from Chrome, at least) and paste that in RA's "Insert/edit image" place.

No more marathons

Here's our GSD  - 5 years old.

Our GSD

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

LRB

It's a road trip - about 5 hrs drive. A lot of folks in the NW say it's a pretty fast course. People who are big track & field fans get worked up about the fact that you finish on Hayward Field.

I did 5 hours for Charlevoix, and the same for the Monumental last year.

I am not sure that I care much about where the finish of a MARATHON is, so long as it's not at the top of a hill.

Speaking of irony, mile 25 of Charlevoix is at the top of a hill.

What's the weather like? Let me guess, rain? lol

onemile

Here's our GSD  - 5 years old.

Our GSD

Beautiful!

Cyberic

Completely off topic post. I read past the warning in the beginning.

Dutch pro cyclist Marijn de Vries shares her celebrated instructions for fast roadside relief in bib shorts

"The race waits for no one and especially not for women taking time to get undressed and pee on the side of the road. So, how do we do it?

(To all male readers, stop here if you prefer to think of women as creatures without kidneys or bowels, who only enter the toilet to clean. This information is not at all interesting for you anyway, unless you feel like sharing it with the women around you, which would be great. Anyway, you have been warned.) Ladies, to explain this technique in words is somewhat difficult, but here goes...

1. Pull one of the trouser legs up as far as possible.
                              2. Hold it from the inside with two hands. Put one at the front and put your other hand behind your back and grab the bib shorts from that position. Pull the trouser leg as far as you can towards the opposite leg. The position of the hands here is crucial: if you don’t follow the instructions, you’ll end up with wet hands. If you do it correctly, there’s an opening big enough to pee through.
                              3. Squat and pee. 

The great thing about this technique is that it’s not only fast but there’s hardly any exposed flesh. If there’s a passer-by, they won’t see any nude body parts, let alone intimate nude body parts. And if you are a racing woman, it’s fast enough to hop back on your bike and find your way back to the peloton before the last team car has passed.

onemile

I ran 8