Beginners and Beyond

Dark & Windy ThursDAILIES (Read 38 times)

DavePNW

Yeah there is a zone when fasting that if I can get in it, it's not really bad at all.

No thanks.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hell no.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Looking back I don't know how I managed to do a workout on Tuesday and on Thursday, with just one day between. For whatever reason, I seem to need two days in between now

I'm going to try and follow this book I was referred to, as far as where to put my "real" workout days. It's got them on Tuesday (the Intervals and speed workouts) and on Friday (the Progression, threshold and tempo thingies) and then the LR is on Sunday. But this week I have just been trying to build my mileage back up without any speed work, next week is when the training cycle REALLY begins.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

She looks like she's at a good weight. My female gsd had a similar build (finer boned and a little leggy) but she had a really thick plushy coat so that helped.  B is built like a tank with short legs.

Yeah, Jetta is not plushy at all lol. She is just lean and mean, but I'd have to say not to let that fool anyone. She is at my side whenever possible, she hates when I leave without her and if someone so much as makes any kind of threatening move around me, she is on guard and ready to use those teeth. Really it's DH whose got her so well trained on that, she'll go straight for your hands or genitals and just hold on while staring you right in the eyes. I don't enjoy the teeth bumping my skin but DH has no problem with it, his skin is tougher on his hands and arms.

About two weeks ago my brother and his girlfriend were at our house, thankfully Jetta doesn't act weird with dark colored people because my brother's girlfriend is very dark........ but she's also a woman so I am not sure how Jetta would be around a man... well my brother was messing with his girlfriend and went to slap her on the butt... Jetta nearly missed my brother's hand and bit Angela's butt  luckily she was just being playful and missed that too. Then my dummy of a brother bluff charged her, just playing around.... yeah she don't play no games, especially with people she only sees like once or twice a month. You've got to be around her many, many hours, many hours before she is comfortable with you. But she almost went for his crotch and I warned him that DH has her trained to go straight for the genitals.

I like to hide in the shop, like hide and seek and she gets so mad at me. I'll hide in one place and when I feel it's safe I'll race to another spot and just do that all over the shop for 5-10 minutes. I can see her using her big nose sniffing the air and finding my recent hiding spots and moving on frantically searching for me. When she finds me, she lets me know that I caused her distress by nipping me crashing into me.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

That might be tough to run the Hansons paced long runs only one day removed from the tempos

I agree 100%. The toughest workouts in the Hansons plan, for me at least, are the Thursday MP runs. If you want to have your LRs on Saturdays, I would suggest  moving Speed/Strength to Mondays and MP runs to Wednesdays. I know I would do it that way, life schedule permitting, of course.

Cyberic

Agreed. Although when the LR is on Sunday, I found the strength intervals on Tuesday tough, especially since that is day 6 of consecutive days.

That was not the case for me. I recovered well from the Hansons long runs. Dave, weren't you running 20 milers instead of the prescribed 16s, or something?

We're just throwing input, PleasantRidge. You do what you want/can.

onemile

That was not the case for me. I recovered well from the Hansons long runs. Dave, weren't you running 20 milers instead of the prescribed 16s, or something?

And I think adding some fast finishes to them

onemile

I'm going to try and follow this book I was referred to, as far as where to put my "real" workout days. It's got them on Tuesday (the Intervals and speed workouts) and on Friday (the Progression, threshold and tempo thingies) and then the LR is on Sunday. But this week I have just been trying to build my mileage back up without any speed work, next week is when the training cycle REALLY begins.

Addie actually had me doing Tuesday/Friday workouts with a LR on Sunday up until she started giving me quality long runs. If it's an easy paced long run, this works for me.  Hansons has you running your long runs at around MP+35 sec per mile. Which is a good bit faster than what I do for easy/recovery runs

DavePNW

And I think adding some fast finishes to them

Oops.

Dave

onemile

DH has her trained to go straight for the genitals.

Curious how he trained for that?

DavePNW

Addie actually had me doing Tuesday/Friday workouts with a LR on Sunday up until she started giving me quality long runs. If it's an easy paced long run, this works for me.  Hansons has you running your long runs at around MP+35 sec per mile. Which is a good bit faster than what I do for easy/recovery runs

I think their formula was actually MP+10%. I didn't recall seeing that stated explicitly anywhere in the text (of course I don't read so well), but I think that's what it worked out to when you looked at the charts.

Dave

LRB

No thanks.

It's not an easy thing to master, or to even practice for that matter.

bluerun

Super B****

Someone please tell me that just because I can get it for 45% off MSRP, that isn't a reason to buy the Glycerin 13.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

Someone please tell me that just because I can get it for 45% off MSRP, that isn't a reason to buy the Glycerin 13.

If that isn't a reason, what the hell is??

bluerun

Super B****

If that isn't a reason, what the hell is??

Oh, IDK... you actually NEED new shoes??

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog