Beginners and Beyond

Suffering Sassafras Sundailies (Read 49 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

To kill you she has to find you first...

Damaris

From the Internet.

Welp, I have successfully replicated my marathon day nausea, and the only solution is not to be sick next time. I'm 99% positive it had to do with post-nasal drip all night from the cold, and my inability to either burp or snot rocket. Throw a gel into the mix and boom, nausea that only stops when I stop running.

At least now I know, and at least I still got in some solid time on feet today!

LRB

Oops.

Does she have special rules? Not sure why I would not think that.

Nah, you're good. Especially with the way she's racing!

Zelanie

I've got 16 in a bit.  It's not technically LR weekend, but since I only ran 11 last week with trail race, I figured I'd make it up this week.  I'm a slacker and only now having breakfast, but I'll go eventually.

DaveP- Glad you made the drive safely.  It's a shitty drive in the rain, and we get super nervous when DD has to do it solo.  When we were up in Olympia, my husband humored me through the google streetview tour of my planned route to check for sidewalks and hard-to-spot turns.

Go, bluerun!

Congrats, Phil!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nah, you're good. Especially with the way she's racing!

I am looking at her FB updates and she is doing great!

Damaris

Buelligan

Lower back pain was unmanageable the last four days... today looks good, though.   Need to get out there before it starts to ache.   Running doesn't make my back hurt, but I can't start my runs if it's hurting already.

So...

LRB

I am looking at her FB updates and she is doing great!

What was her goal, 3:30? It's gonna be close!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

What was her goal, 3:30? It's gonna be close!

I don't remember anything but BQ!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Lower back pain was unmanageable the last four days... today looks good, though.   Need to get out there before it starts to ache.   Running doesn't make my back hurt, but I can't start my runs if it's hurting already.

So...

Ugh.  Are you getting any treatment for it?

Damaris

LRB

Ugh.  Are you getting any treatment for it?

Well she just threw up a 7:43 mile 25 so whatever it is she's bringing it!

Half Crazy K 2.0

16. Threw in some faster stuff in the first and last hour, just because. I tried the Clif gel shots as opposed to the blocks.  I'll be sticking to the blocks. Nothing like trying to ingest lukewarm, sweet stuff of snot like consistency.

Go Bluerun!

Baboon

delicate flower

For Baboon: Why Marathons are Tougher than Triathlons.

Article based on the 2016 Olympic triathlon gold medalist running her first marathon at NYC.

News flash: "Coaches and experts in sports science say high-intensity running is a lot harder on the body and wears down muscles far more than swimming and cycling."

Interesting article.  I guess it depends on what you're trained for.  I can walk fine the day after a marathon and jog two days later at my normal easy pace.  I was a wreck for three days-post Ironman and couldn't run at my easy pace for about a week.  It took me a good month to feel normal again after the Ironman.  Nothing has ever left me in shambles like that thing did.

<3

Cyberic

Well she just threw up a 7:43 mile 25 so whatever it is she's bringing it!

Give us details, ffs. She's not going to kill you, plus that is the price to pay for being active in this group: people get interested in your running. I remember her saying what's the point of having A, B and C goals if only BQ will make her happy. That's how high she put the bar. Please, someone, post details!

Cyberic

Interesting article.  I guess it depends on what you're trained for.  I can walk fine the day after a marathon and jog two days later at my normal easy pace.  I was a wreck for three days-post Ironman and couldn't run at my easy pace for about a week.  It took me a good month to feel normal again after the Ironman.  Nothing has ever left me in shambles like that thing did.

I couldn't read the article coz I'd need to subscribe and am too lazy, but from the first few lines it doesn't seem like it's comparing an Iron Man to a marathon, but an Olympic triathlon?

Baboon

delicate flower

Congrats, Bluerun!!  Looks like a beautifully executed race!

<3