Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #202 (Read 26 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Almost all of them are saying that, until they're not.

Yeah, but they were being assholes about it, more than the others.

Damaris

DavePNW

Yeah, but they were being assholes about it, more than the others.

What, are they part of RnR now?

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nope, but apparently, Marines go into battle and conquer anything and they were assuring people that as Marines they would have the race as well. Now we know the Marines can be defeated with Covid.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

lol

Half Crazy K 2.0

Baltimore did say that they will celebrate their 20th anniversary next year when it can be done properly. I think that is sort of hedging that the race doesn't happen this year.

The owner of the company that puts on Baltimore is on the governor's task force for restarting events. So I'm sure he is totally unbiased on that task force

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

And I don't think I've seen a Detroit update today.

Detroit remains un-cancelled!   Tougher than the rest, even the Marines!

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

just saw a story that CA moved high school football to the spring.MI high school sports assoc still saying fall for football but there's a lot of time for that to change.

colleges must really be sweating; no football means a huge hole in the athletic and, probably, general budget. there's going to be a lot of pressure to play for the TV money if nothing else.

sdWhiskers

just saw a story that CA moved high school football to the spring.MI high school sports assoc still saying fall for football but there's a lot of time for that to change.

colleges must really be sweating; no football means a huge hole in the athletic and, probably, general budget. there's going to be a lot of pressure to play for the TV money if nothing else.

Colleges are also sweating a lot due to recent US visa restrictions for international students if classes do not meet in person. As per usual, government rules are chaotic and inconsistent. RP is a college prof and this is one of the reasons our weekly LRs have been faster paced lately 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Colleges are also sweating a lot due to recent US visa restrictions for international students if classes do not meet in person. As per usual, government rules are chaotic and inconsistent. RP is a college prof and this is one of the reasons our weekly LRs have been faster paced lately 

That got reversed though. Especially since they sued the administration.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

That got reversed though. Especially since they sued the administration.

For now... With current leadership, what will happen next?!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

For now... With current leadership, what will happen next?!

He can, but the lawsuits will come. Apparently, he didn't realize how bad at lawsuits he really is. He's lost like 99% of the ones that have been filed or he has filed.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Boom! My city:

Mask Up, Fishers!

Effective 8 a.m. Friday, July 24, a mandatory mask order will go into effect for the city of Fishers.

Learn more about the order and what it means for you at fishers.in.us/coronavirus.

Together, we can #slowthespread and keep businesses and schools open. #inthistogether

Damaris

DavePNW

Boom! My city:

Mask Up, Fishers!

Effective 8 a.m. Friday, July 24, a mandatory mask order will go into effect for the city of Fishers.

Learn more about the order and what it means for you at fishers.in.us/coronavirus.

Together, we can #slowthespread and keep businesses and schools open. #inthistogether

Nice!

Dave

LRB

I agree with all of this minus the bolded part. I have done 4x4x400m a handful of times but 12 of them is plenty Smile

Yes, that's one of the few that I have not done. It looks juicy.

LRB

Regarding long runs,  a "long" run can be anywhere from 6 miles if you're returning from injury, up to and over 30 if you're training for an ultra. Generally speaking, usually, typically, when I'm not training for stupid, my long runs are 20 - 35 minutes longer than my weekday day runs. This comes out to about 8 ish miles if I'm running 6s during the week or 10 - 12 if I'm running 8s, which is right around the 85 minute to 1 hour 45 mark for me depending on how I'm feeling.

Anyway, my point was that there can sometimes be an overemphasis on the long run, where one crams in a whole bunch of miles to meet their weekly quota and not enough on the max number of days one can run. Thus hindering their ability to properly recover and in the end, doing more harm than good.