Beginners and Beyond

Mondailies (Read 34 times)

Cyberic

As runners, we have a tendency of treating the area of discomfort which is not always the source of the problem. If it were me (and it has been), I would roll my hamstring, calf and possibly lower back. Nothing ridiculous, just a couple times a week for a few seconds here and there.

Even though I bought a super roller combo kit, I don't roll anymore, but I have during my latest Achilles issue. Was rolling the calf mostly, but I'd also work on the fascia. I used a tennis ball for that. Immediately after doing that I'd always feel relief, less strain on the Achilles.

MTA: I'm usually a one minute kinda guy. Roll one calf for 1 minute, then the other for one, and so on. I can do 10 actions in 10 minutes that way (roll 2 muscles, and stretch 8 for example). If it took too long I'd always find excuses not to do it, but 10 minutes? Hard to justify not having 10 minutes. Well to me it is. YMMV.

LRB

Even though I bought a super roller combo kit, I don't roll anymore, but I have during my latest Achilles issue. Was rolling the calf mostly, but I'd also work on the fascia. I used a tennis ball for that. Immediately after doing that I'd always feel relief, less strain on the Achilles.

I haven't been rolling much either. It's there if I need it though.

Cyberic

I haven't been rolling much either. It's there if I need it though.

Exactly

RunningOnSand

I’ve got enough rolling and stretching done tonight for myself, and the two of you (Cy & LRB) 😁