Beginners and Beyond

And on the 6th day, God created the SaturDAILIES (Read 32 times)

LRB

Surprised I don't have a spinal cord problem with form like this.

lol

LRB

Today it was all I could do to shuffle forward without stopping.

This whole week has sucked ass for me. lol

LRB

I ran slogged through 7.

If it was a contest to see who could suck the best, I would blow away the competition. lol

Runshortii

Ran my LR yesterday since I work all weekend, ran 14. Didn't wake up in time today to do my 4 miles...will have to treadmill it after work

LRB

Ran my LR yesterday since I work all weekend, ran 14. Didn't wake up in time today to do my 4 miles...will have to treadmill it after work

Sleep trumps stupidity. 

onemile

Surprised I don't have a spinal cord problem with form like this.

omg all of my race pictures look *just* like that

onemile

This whole week has sucked ass for me. lol

Do you remember when you ran all your easy runs at 7-something pace?

/log stalker

LRB

Just saw a dude running kick rocks because he didn't beat the traffic light. It's funny I used to swear when I didn't beat the light, now I swear if I do beat it. lol

LRB

Do you remember when you ran all your easy runs at 7-something pace?

/log stalker

That was a magical year. At one point, I averaged a 7:45 for something stupid like 6 months.

A lot of that was me running at pace though, even my easy runs. I don't do that anymore and haven't since then. Now I just jog, and whatever the number is that's the number. Back then I ran to a specific number, all the time.

DavePNW

They'll run one twenty miler AND a twenty-five  miler day every week, 

Even with all the stupid shit I do, I can't imagine that. Although next week I have a 15 and a 21, so...

Today however was a glorious easy 6, enjoying my only single-digit day of the week.

Dave

onemile

enjoying my only single-digit day of the week.

DavePNW

IK,R? I had two other single-digit runs, but both on the same day. 

Dave

onemile

Anyone have thoughts on running a 10k the week prior to a half marathon?  Asking for a friend

onemile

That was a magical year. At one point, I averaged a 7:45 for something stupid like 6 months.

A lot of that was me running at pace though, even my easy runs. I don't do that anymore and haven't since then. Now I just jog, and whatever the number is that's the number. Back then I ran to a specific number, all the time.

I am pretty sure my shin would explode if I tried to do that 

DavePNW

Anyone have thoughts on running a 10k the week prior to a half marathon?  Asking for a friend

I am pretty sure my shin would explode if I tried to do that.

MTA: We are nothing if not enablers here, but I wouldn't do it.

MTA2: Although for me, recovery from a 10k is very quick (unless it's a ridiculous mountaineering expedition like my last one, which probably don't exist in WI). So the week between would be a combined recovery/taper, and you'd still be fresh for your half. There - I talked myself into talking you into doing it. Do it.

Dave