Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES are best consumed within 2 years of bottling (Read 30 times)

Cyberic

Not that beer has ever turned bad in my place...

What's going on, party people?

I'm coffeeing up, then will head out for 110-120 minutes of easy running before it starts pouring for the next two days.

You?

No more marathons

What's going on, party people?

Speaking of parties - went to one last night.  A retirement party for a close friend.

Appropriately enough - party broke up by 9:00 - all the oldsters bedtime.  LOL

SRD - probably do some work clearing some of our forest.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

I felt overly tired Monday - Wednesday and like I really needed a day off. I felt better by Thursday but that workout felt too hard, but the first 2 "HMP" miles were into a strong wind.  I took yesterday's run very easy (energy-wise felt ok but my legs took a long time to loosen up and hips were really tight)  My legs felt decent today.  I have 12 miles tomorrow and then Addie gave me a pretty steep taper.

Maggie cut my intensity, but when you only do 40 or so miles per week and you throw a HM in there, the total miles don't go down a lot.

I only have one hard workout on Tuesday - and it's 5K stuff, but only a total of 2 miles of effort.

He's a leaker!

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 3.6 warm and windy miles. All the running parts are feeling agreeable.

We got our tomato, pepper, and cucumber plants yesterday.  We were planning on getting them in the ground this morning, but last night's 30 minute thunderstorm muddied that idea. Rain is a good thing, but we need a few days of drying out.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Not that beer has ever turned bad in my place...

You make me so proud Smile.

Runner with a riding problem.

onemile

Maggie cut my intensity, but when you only do 40 or so miles per week and you throw a HM in there, the total miles don't go down a lot.

I only have one hard workout on Tuesday - and it's 5K stuff, but only a total of 2 miles of effort.

I have a rest day Monday (option to run 6 or 7), then Tuesday's workout is 1 mile between HMP and 10k pace + 8x400m 10k-ish pace - a tiny bit faster.  Then I just have 6, 6, 5, race

LRB

Speaking of parties - went to one last night...  

Ditto.

Saw Chris Rock, uncensored. He killed it. If the Total Blackout Tour comes to your town, go see it. Funniest shit ever. 👍 👍

No more marathons

I have a rest day Monday (option to run 6 or 7), then Tuesday's workout is 1 mile between HMP and 10k pace + 8x400m 10k-ish pace - a tiny bit faster.  Then I just have 6, 6, 5, race

Mine is similar - Tuesday is 1 miles @ 5K, then 4 X 400 at 5K, followed by 6,5,3, race.

And as it stands now, I won't be able to use crummy weather as an excuse for doing poorly.  Start temp should be 47 and only 49 at finish.

He's a leaker!

onemile

Mine is similar - Tuesday is 1 miles @ 5K, then 4 X 400 at 5K, followed by 6,5,3, race.

And as it stands now, I won't be able to use crummy weather as an excuse for doing poorly.  Start temp should be 47 and only 49 at finish.

A few degrees cooler than that even for mine. I just hope the wind isn't bad. The course runs along Lake Michigan and it tends to be pretty windy. Looking okay so far

No more marathons

Yeah, who wouldn't? 

I have convinced myself of the training value of the 15s, so that is my incentive to stick with them. All evidence to the contrary. 

MTA: 6 today.

And just for the record - I've now got more than 18,000 miles - and have registered runs on a total of almost 3,500 days.  In all those runs I have a grand total of EIGHT 15 mile(ish) runs - and none of them were outside the weekend.  Just saying.

He's a leaker!

DavePNW

And just for the record - I've now got more than 18,000 miles - and have registered runs on a total of almost 3,500 days.  In all those runs I have a grand total of EIGHT 15 mile(ish) runs - and none of them were outside the weekend.  Just saying.

Do you mean equaling 15 mile(ish), or anything 15 and over?

Dave

No more marathons

Do you mean equaling 15 mile(ish), or anything 15 and over?

Equaling 15 to 15.5.

I have a total of 71 runs of 15 or more.

And that includes 8 marathons and one 30K trail race.

He's a leaker!

Cyberic

Ran 15.5 miles, easy. I talked to a runner couple I know for maybe 2 miles, slowed down and took the time to chat with them until they turned around to head back home (probably sick of hearing me talk).

69.9 miles for the week.

297 for the month.

LRB

Ran 15.5 miles, easy. I talked to a runner couple I know for maybe 2 miles, slowed down and took the time to chat with them until they turned around to head back home (probably sick of hearing me talk).

69.9 miles for the week.

297 for the month.

Were you cyber-bullied into changing your avatar? Wink

Cyberic

Were you cyber-bullied into changing your avatar? Wink

You see right through her game. She has an iron hand in a velvet glove. It doesn't look like bullying but as long as you go along with what she says, you're all right. If you cross her...

This avatar has not caused any turmoil yet. So hopefully it's appropriate for the season?