Beginners and Beyond

Happy FRIDAILIES! (Read 42 times)

Good morning.

9.0 miles in 1:28:20. A nice, slow, easy 9:49 pace.

Have a great day, everyoneSmile

From the Internet.

Morning! I still need to run. My bed was warm and outside was cold, and my excuse of the day is that I didn't charge my headlamp last night - still have to figure out how to do that.

LRB

Hi.

I was up way too late to do anything this morning so it's a rest day for me. My work has dedicated the entire morning to active shooter training so I will be busy with that until noon.

This training has actually been on our calendar for two months, in which time there has seemingly been a mass shooting a week (or more) in our country. It's pretty lousy that we have come to this as a society, but it is a sign of the times. And for those old enough to remember the bomb drills back in school during the 70's, it is this generation's new reality.

Cyberic

RD

From yesterday's dailies... wow! I'm ahead of most of you guys in the miles (hidden logs don't count PR  Wink

B+, I couldn't get a pair of Boston as there weren't any left in my size.  Glad you could grab a pair of them, and a pair of Adios. Hopefully you don't like them, as these deals don't come around very often.

LRB, a shooter drill. DD got that in her elementary school too.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Hi.

I was up way too late to do anything this morning so it's a rest day for me. My work has dedicated the entire morning to active shooter training so I will be busy with that until noon.

This training has actually been on our calendar for two months, in which time there has seemingly been a mass shooting a week (or more) in our country. It's pretty lousy that we have come to this as a society, but it is a sign of the times. And for those old enough to remember the bomb drills back in school during the 70's, it is this generation's new reality.

I'm surprised we have not gotten an email about what do to. We have done active shooter drills in the past, although we don't include #1, get the fuck outta there if possible.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice 3-miler run/walk last night after work.  Felt fine and strong and did all my running segments very well.  Today is a rest day and then tomorrow I have one 5K at 9 a.m. and another one at 6 P.M.

Wishing everyone a safe and happy weekend!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Baboon

delicate flower

'Morning.  Up early again for more exercising.  Today's assignment was a 2500 yard swim, and mission accomplished.  That is all I have today.  HOORAY!!

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  I am even worse than the day prior, and the day prior, etc.  Fever and joint pain now.  Lovely.  no work, no run, no nothing today.

Damaris

Zelanie

I hear that the old training of "hide" works really well if you're, say, caught in a bad situation and there's a gang shootout or something going on around you.  But it's not such a good situation if you're in a location where somebody has come there specifically targeting people who are there.  Apparently GTFO is the name of the game.

There was a shooting at my college 16 years ago.  I was not on campus at the time, but my housemates spent several tense hours hiding under furniture in our little house on the edge of campus.  2 wonderful fantastic people died.  One of them because he heard the car crash after the first person was killed, and ran towards the commotion because it's exactly his instinct to run and help.

In running news, I was so busy yesterday that I didn't run until after 11.  I meant to do just a 1 mile streak run, but ended up running 4 because it felt so good.  So I got to bed late.

Hip Redux

Hi.

Were there ever actual bombs that went off in the 70s though?

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

And for those old enough to remember the bomb drills back in school during the 70's, it is this generation's new reality.

I remember the ones back in the '50s. Duck and cover, then kiss your a$$ goodbye.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

DavePNW

Dave

onemile

From yesterday's dailies... wow! I'm ahead of most of you guys in the miles (hidden logs don't count PR  Wink

#winning

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I got in a short run this morning, then went back to bed.   I'm suffering from a chest cold myself, and just felt too shitty this morning to run much.  I'm at work now, but I wish I was still in the bed.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Baboon

delicate flower

I got in a short run this morning

17 miles?

<3