Beginners and Beyond

Tuesdailies (Read 34 times)

delicate flower

Damn, I wish I could wear them. I would try to go sub-5:00 in the mile. Screw all that other crap!

Well, if I had a wish it wouldn't be that, but you know what I mean..

More than anything, they feel great on my wrecked knee.  During my last two marathon cycles, that knee got very sore the deeper I got into training.  That has not been an issue this time.  I've worn these shoes almost exclusively for the past month just to get used to them for the marathon and it feels like they've given my knee a lot of relief.

<3

Cyberic

More than anything, they feel great on my wrecked knee.  During my last two marathon cycles, that knee got very sore the deeper I got into training.  That has not been an issue this time.  I've worn these shoes almost exclusively for the past month just to get used to them for the marathon and it feels like they've given my knee a lot of relief.

Re Jonathan Griffins 

Seems like those shoes are the bee's knees

onemile

I ran a workout of 5x2052m (indoor  track because 30s and rain) with 2 minute recoveries (averaged 6:30 pace forthe 2ks) and then 2x400m 1:27-1:28

Happy with the workout. My coach told me to lazy becky it so I started comfortable and didn't kill myself til the last one.  (URP was pushed the pace the last 2 laps)

GinnyinPA

I ran 6 on a gravel rail trail. To make it more interesting, I did a controlled progression (as opposed to my usual accidental progression). It was fun.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My piano was interrupted 30 times between the iRobot hitting my legs, the cats jumping on top of the keys or the sheets, etc.  Then the fucking iRobot dared go atop a mound of flattened cardboard boxes from the move so off I go to save it and then turned around and slide down (fell) on my ass. The fucking iRobot was do ungrateful it hit me in the left side of my head because I wouldn't let go of it.  So, there I lay for 2 minutes laughing my ass off until my husband had to come down to investigate and found me laying atop the mound with an iRobot in my arms like I had saved it from destruction.

And then I lifted.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

Spent the morning at 8500 ft, hiking and playing in snow. Afternoon in the hot tub with daiquiris. Doing Thanksgiving week right over here.

Cyberic

I ran a workout of 5x2052m (indoor  track because 30s and rain) with 2 minute recoveries (averaged 6:30 pace forthe 2ks) and then 2x400m 1:27-1:28

Happy with the workout. My coach told me to lazy becky it so I started comfortable and didn't kill myself til the last one.  (URP was pushed the pace the last 2 laps)

Great! You're up to 5 now. Lazy Becky, at 6:30... hell yeah!

onemile

Great! You're up to 5 now. Lazy Becky, at 6:30... hell yeah!

I think the plan is to eventually get to 6x2k

KCRuns

+1. The F3 HM in Chicago in January didn’t cancel last year and I think that was when it was -10000

Ha. F3 officially stands for “Freezing F*cking Frozen”. I looked it up earlier, it was feels like -13° at the start this year and so windy.

KCRuns

Is it considered rude to show up at a wedding with a book to keep you company? Asking for a friend...

Just download the ebook to your phone. No one will know.

KCRuns

My piano was interrupted 30 times between the iRobot hitting my legs, the cats jumping on top of the keys or the sheets, etc.  Then the fucking iRobot dared go atop a mound of flattened cardboard boxes from the move so off I go to save it and then turned around and slide down (fell) on my ass. The fucking iRobot was do ungrateful it hit me in the left side of my head because I wouldn't let go of it.  So, there I lay for 2 minutes laughing my ass off until my husband had to come down to investigate and found me laying atop the mound with an iRobot in my arms like I had saved it from destruction.

And then I lifted.

Do you have protective tape or something around the piano legs so the iRobot doesn’t ding and dent it?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Do you have protective tape or something around the piano legs so the iRobot doesn’t ding and dent it?

It was really hitting the piano wheels rather than the legs, so it was OK.  But mostly it was hitting me. Smile

Damaris

Cyberic

I think the plan is to eventually get to 6x2k

I was watching a YT video of Sage Canaday yesterday and he was doing a 10x (1K/1min) workout.

6x2K is gonna be awesome! Pretty damn tough mentally, though.

onemile

I was watching a YT video of Sage Canaday yesterday and he was doing a 10x (1K/1min) workout.

6x2K is gonna be awesome! Pretty damn tough mentally, though.

I think I might have done a 10x1k with Addie. 8x1k was a regular thing. But I had 2 minute recoveries. 1 min w/b tough. Although it's more of a tempo workout then.

I honestly doubted I could do the 5x because was spent after #4 the previous workouts but I guess holding back a little helped because it wasn't that bad!