Beginners and Beyond

Top of the Morning TuesDAILIES (Read 39 times)

LRB

Last year my puppy got violently ill, and I woke up with the plan of a nice long easy run but instead spent 2 hours cleaning up the horror he had created, then several hours at the vet waiting to find out if he had parvo.  Thank G-d he did not, but it was the crappiest day. 

I had that once, or rather my dog did. In a word? Awful. And that's putting it mildly! The smell itself was some shit you would barf at. Terrible. At that time ('94 ish), it was something like a 10% survival rate. Well, my dog survived that, he had this thing with always trying to break out of the yard and run in the street though. Let's put it this way; one day, he succeeded... #ripmuttmutt

KCRuns

I ran 6 with 3x 0.75 mi @ 7:00 min pace with 0.25 mi recovery. I actually hit the paces on these and surprisingly felt pretty okay. My running and paces have been really shitty and slow lately so maybe this is a turning point. First Ragnar Relay this weekend, so this should be interesting.

Ragnar is a blast, have fun!!

And that's definitely where you have to look at things, whether it's injury, running too hard, too much/often, etc. It's not a real clear line between injury and just fatigue/ugly runs, which is what makes what we do as just hobby joggers a lot more difficult than anyone would ever imagine. Pros have every kind of resource imaginable to be able to understand where their body is at and how it is reacting, and based on that someone makes the decision for them as to when to push and when to back off. We don't have that advantage, and instead have to play coach/athlete/physical therapist and everything else all at the same time.

Truth.

Dave

I had that once, or rather my dog did. In a word? Awful. And that's putting it mildly! The smell itself was some shit you would barf at. Terrible. At that time ('94 ish), it was something like a 10% survival rate. Well, my dog survived that, he had this thing with always trying to break out of the yard and run in the street though. Let's put it this way; one day, he succeeded... #ripmuttmutt

That was why they thought it was parvo.  OMG, I have never...  I've dealt with some nasty bodily fluids between college and kids and dogs, but that was next level. 

Cyberic

SIAR Please share. This is, after all, a running forum. I don't think you're pushy at all.

I only take rest days when I feel I need them, and today was a good call, IMO. I feel like I was walking a thin line, and last evening, on my 3rd run of the day, I had terrible form because of fatigue and some minor pains here and there.

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 miles, wanted to do more but the sky was a very threatening shade of gray and there was thunder.

LM, there was a smushed snake on the road by my house a few years ago. I jumped every damn time I ran by the very dead snake.

I'm entering the time of year where pretty much every run is going to be an ugly run. Yay summer.

DavePNW, KC Runs has a thread asking about McMillan plans--you'd be a good one to weigh in since you had a much better experience with his plans than me.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

6 done on the TM. Thought of going outside since it was sprinkling but by Mile 2 on the TM it was pouring, so glad I didn't.

Damaris

DavePNW, KC Runs has a thread asking about McMillan plans--you'd be a good one to weigh in since you had a much better experience with his plans than me.

On it.

There are so rarely new non-dailies threads, I forget to look for them.

Dave