Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES (Read 41 times)

LRB

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here. (The person who started this thread ROCKS!)

LRB

Supp, I am actually in bed!  lol

What my peeps got up for today?

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Well, LRB beat me in starting the thread.  I was going to start the thread as "Saliferous Saturdailies"  - salierous means 'salt bearing' - because I am getting ready to head out and do a 5K and saliferous is what I will be post-race because it is warm and humid in San Antonio on this Saturday morning.

Anyway...I will be doing my 54th race of the year shortly.   Well, not RACING - you can't really call what I do 'racing", lol.  But I am about to head out to the campus of the University of Texas at San Antonio to do my 54th EVENTof the year - the Rowdy Rec 5K.   It is called Rowdy Rec because it is put on by the Rec Center/Gym of the university and because Rowdy Roadrunner is the mascot of the university.

Then I have another 5K tomorrow morning in New Braunfels TX, about a 30-minute drive from San Antonio.

See y'all later!  Report and photos to follow!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  For the 4th day in a row, I woke up with a migraine.  So, 12 miles with 4 @ MP tonight.

Damaris

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, LRB!
            Have fun at your races, Scotty!
            Hope you feel better soon, D.

Wow! I did personals! Not so tough when only 3 people have posted. Big grin

I will probably head out in about an hour or so to get in 12-15 miles. We're at my FIL's farm and had nearly 4 inches of rain in the last 24 hours, so I will probably run along the highway rather than on the gravel roads, which are probably a major mud fest now. I can't completely avoid the mud, but I should be able to limit it to only 1/2 mile at the beginning and end.

I spent last night sketching out a training plan from now until Icebreaker at the end of January, this time based on The Competitive Runner's Handbook, but with some hill sprints and hill repeats ala Hudson. After Icebreaker, I will have about 8-12 weeks to a possible spring goal race, so I'll fashion a more precise, goal-focused plan at that time. This one is basically just getting my mileage back up and getting speedwork back into the mix.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.1 miles for me

Marjorie

LRB

I spent last night sketching out a training plan from now until Icebreaker at the end of January...This one is basically just getting my mileage back up and getting speedwork back into the mix.

One of the best part of this year for me was plotting workouts!

I am up and halfway through my favorite cup of schmo', guess I should cut the grass before it gets too warm out.  An odd thing to say for October but it has been in the high 70's/low 80's all week here, and no I am not complaining.

After that wicked ass winter and spring here we earned this weather.

Baboon

delicate flower

HOLY CRAP GOOD MORNING LOLOLOLOLOmao!

Ran 9 miles with teh MBC this morning.  Cool and humid.  Now we'll spend the rest of the day doing errands and chores and spending money.

Have a great Saturday now!

<3

outoftheblue

Getting ready to head out for 5 or 6 easy miles.  Legs still feel a little on the slow side, but I think I'm through the worst of the recovery phase.

Scotty -- It seems like you have so many neat races nearby.  Have fun!

Damaris -- Sorry about the migraine.   I hope you are getting all the headaches out of your system now and you are 100% good to go next weekend.  Have you set a goal for Chicago yet?

Life is good.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning, LRB!
                      Have fun at your races, Scotty!
                      Hope you feel better soon, D.

Wow! I did personals! Not so tough when only 3 people have posted. Big grin

I will probably head out in about an hour or so to get in 12-15 miles. We're at my FIL's farm and had nearly 4 inches of rain in the last 24 hours, so I will probably run along the highway rather than on the gravel roads, which are probably a major mud fest now. I can't completely avoid the mud, but I should be able to limit it to only 1/2 mile at the beginning and end.

I spent last night sketching out a training plan from now until Icebreaker at the end of January, this time based on The Competitive Runner's Handbook, but with some hill sprints and hill repeats ala Hudson. After Icebreaker, I will have about 8-12 weeks to a possible spring goal race, so I'll fashion a more precise, goal-focused plan at that time. This one is basically just getting my mileage back up and getting speedwork back into the mix.

You did better than me.  I did zero and only 2 people posted! Blush

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Getting ready to head out for 5 or 6 easy miles.  Legs still feel a little on the slow side, but I think I'm through the worst of the recovery phase.

Scotty -- It seems like you have so many neat races nearby.  Have fun!

Damaris -- Sorry about the migraine.   I hope you are getting all the headaches out of your system now and you are 100% good to go next weekend.  Have you set a goal for Chicago yet?

There has been a goal.  First it was one but I showed the coach that it was too slow.  This goal is slower than our goal in Berlin (I missed Berlin by 17 minutes) but I think it's doable since I feel so good this time around.

Damaris

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Morning. Yoga yesterday, 2.5 mile VERY EASY jog this morning, 5K tomorrow!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Zelanie

Morning!  Still fighting the cold, but since it's mostly a head cold I am tempted to do my LR today anyway.  There are only so many weekends between now and November, you know?  We will see how I feel after my WW meeting and dog day at the pool.  That one is always a blast- they open the outdoor pools to the dogs the day before they drain them for the season.  There are tons of dogs and tennis balls there.  We haven't been since Mia was a puppy.  They should have a blast!

LRB- We have the opposite, it's been very close to winter weather here lately.  Of course, our winters are usually mild, but that doesn't mean I'm ready for that shit already!

Scotty- Good luck today!

D- Good luck on your goal! It does seem like your training cycle has gone really well this time.

Step- Hope you're able to avoid most of the mud.

Marjorie- No puppy pool today?

Phil- If you're out spending money, I could use a few things!

OOTB- Hope the legs cooperated for you.

kristin- Good luck!

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

An outstanding 20 mile run done.  Went out conservatively, since I haven't done 20 in a while, and negative split the back half by two minutes. Smile

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

outoftheblue

Dave -- Nice running.

Damaris -- Sounds like you have a smart and attainable goal in mind.  Sending positive and optimistic thoughts your way for next weekend.

Life is good.