Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES; And if you made it this far... (Read 40 times)

LRB

love the gold stars!

one thing for sure that I've learned all these years running and reading these forums...you can never do anything about the weather on race day...I've basically given up...and I don't live with those freezing a** temps that you guys do.

the LA marathon and Olympic trials are this weekend. They must have thought by doing the race in February they could fool the weather gods - but no, that aint happening. I guess the highs will be in the 80's for a marathon. I know it won't be that hot at the start but it will still suck the life out of most runners as the day wears on. glad I'm not running it. for that and other reasons.

5 miles this morning and coffee and donut now.

They should've kept the trials in Houston, there was no reason to move them. Instead they got egg all over their stupid ugly faces.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Flu sucks. I've been able to run through whatever the hell it was I had (although I couldn't do much else). Still can't taste shit though.

You are correct, sir! I had a dry cough for about a week and didn't think much of it. Sunday, after my LR of 10 miles, I felt like crap. I thought maybe I had a sugar low or something and even after eating our post LR big ass breakfast, I just got worse. This thing is lingering...

Ric-G

They should've kept the trials in Houston, there was no reason to move them. Instead they got egg all over their stupid ugly faces.

yes, you can't fool mother nature.

I remember one year the fools who direct the LAM ended up having the race on memorial day weekend at the end of may. Everyone freaked and said it would be an inferno of heat in LA at that time. I was signed up and still went ahead and ran it. Must have been in 2008 or 2009. Turns out the day was overcast and the weather was probably in the 60's or so. Still warm for you in colder climes. But the weather gods bailed them out that day - the dummies.

marathon pr - 3:16

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Dorian was up at my alarm this morning, so hopefully I can get a run in tonight.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Mmmmm...beer

love the gold stars!

one thing for sure that I've learned all these years running and reading these forums...you can never do anything about the weather on race day...I've basically given up...and I don't live with those freezing a** temps that you guys do.

the LA marathon and Olympic trials are this weekend. They must have thought by doing the race in February they could fool the weather gods - but no, that aint happening. I guess the highs will be in the 80's for a marathon. I know it won't be that hot at the start but it will still suck the life out of most runners as the day wears on. glad I'm not running it. for that and other reasons.

5 miles this morning and coffee and donut now.

I read somewhere that they wanted it to be hot, since it will be hot in Rio.  Makes sense.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

I read somewhere that they wanted it to be hot, since it will be hot in Rio.  Makes sense.

It does. Except they didn't say that until the extended forecast showed that weekend was going to be hot as balls. lol

LRB

Anyone know what the average temps are in Rio? They may have to run it at 3:00 AM!

From the Internet.

I can't handle the temperatures we're supposed to get this weekend. UGH.

bluerun

Super B****

Anyone know what the average temps are in Rio? They may have to run it at 3:00 AM!

The hottest part of Brazil is the northeast, where temperatures of more than 38 °C (100 °F) are frequently recorded during the dry season between May and November. Along the Atlantic coast from Recife to Rio de Janeiro, average temperatures range from 23 to 27 °C (73 to 81 °F).

I don't see the problem.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

From the Internet.

Oh and I have a pair of these on the way to my house from the 'House, because buying new shoes is obviously the best thing to do when you're barely running at all anymore.

Half Crazy K 2.0

But remember, it will be winter in Rio when the summer Olympics are held. 

LRB

Oh and I have a pair of these on the way to my house from the 'House, because buying new shoes is obviously the best thing to do when you're barely running at all anymore.

I thought you were back, what happened?

LRB

If it's anything like the winters Damaris has, somebody is toast. lol

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I believe the dates are August 5-21. Average high is 78, average low 66. Record high for August is over 102.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

From the Internet.

I thought you were back, what happened?

My feet and legs hate me and I hate the cold and if I'm not racing this spring what even is the point of running at all when it's miserable out. That sort of thing.