Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: You smell that? (Read 36 times)

DavePNW

Omg I've had a Gibson electric guitar on loan from my dad and he called and told me he's just straight up giving it to me and I am weeeeping! He wanted to downsize his collection a bit and thought about selling it but then decided I should just keep it. How do I even deserve my sweet lil parents <3 <3

Deets + pic pls. I don’t play, but my son does, which forced me to get semi-knowledgeable. Several years ago my BIL told us he had a guitar he never plays, so offered to ship it to my son. He did, and we were expecting some junker to arrive. Instead it was a classic Telecaster probably from the ‘70s. Pretty sweet.

Dave

Cyberic

7K (4.35 miles) Tempo in pretty strong winds. Kept the effort steady. The pace was whatever.

My 1K splits, in MPM

1-  6:25

2-  6:49

3-  6:50

4-  5:59

5-  6:31

6-  6:26

7-  6:17

DavePNW

I was looking at my time off bank in the payroll system and noticed I have not taken a day off since New Year's Day.  Oof.  Typically I do not go three months between PTO days.   

I have so much time banked I should set up a lending operation. Certainly nothing taken yet this year, and nothing specific planned other than 2 days for Boston. I imagine I will do something this summer, if I want to stay married.

This morning I did 4 of the worst miles in IDK how long. Like I had never run before. I guess this is tapering?

Dave

Cyberic

Omg I've had a Gibson electric guitar on loan from my dad and he called and told me he's just straight up giving it to me and I am weeeeping!

Les Paul? A SG? Flying V? Come on, we need more info!

From the Internet.

Deets + pic pls. I don’t play, but my son does, which forced me to get semi-knowledgeable. Several years ago my BIL told us he had a guitar he never plays, so offered to ship it to my son. He did, and we were expecting some junker to arrive. Instead it was a classic Telecaster probably from the ‘70s. Pretty sweet.

How cool!!

Mine is a red ES-339:

Cyberic

How cool!!

Mine is a red ES-339:

Very nice!

LRB

I'm currently sitting on 532 hours in my time off banks (vacation, sick, personal). I was at 540 but like Boon, realized a couple of weeks ago that I hadn't taken a day off this year so I did exactly that. More to follow...

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'm currently sitting on 532 hours in my time off banks (vacation, sick, personal). I was at 540 but like Boon, realized a couple of weeks ago that I hadn't taken a day off this year so I did exactly that. More to follow...

Damn. After 240 we get use/lose and we have to take it by the end of the year. A lot of people got fucked up by the shutdown because they would have lost the hours but for congress getting their shit together.

So whenever you see me taking a day off, like tomorrow, is because I see use/lose and I am not a dummy so i take them as soon as I can.

Made it to my CLT-MIA flight in time. Will be great getting home at rush hour but better than at 10pm.

Damaris

Cockamamie combined 4.1mi

2.1 mi failed run as of right ham (adductor?) adhesion goofiness

then 2 mi hill repeat with lot of left road crown cause that’s good for my cockamamie right hams

I dunno why people on this forum wait until they're naked when they're sore after a race before they try to put on compression stuff.

To be clear: I was never stupid enough to try putting on those socks while naked in public.  The pants were sweat pants, nothing complicated or tight about them, and I did manage to hang on to my butt covering towel.  SD was in her own hotel room, so she can do whatever she wants in there with or without clothes.  Maybe you're the one doing it wrong, did you ever consider that?  Naked compression could be the next. big. thing.  Get on this train before it leaves the station!

Anyway, I ran 4 easy.  Nothing exciting, which is a good thing.

Lauren, sweet ass guitar!

Cyberic

Maybe you're the one doing it wrong, did you ever consider that?  

Nope. 

LRB

Anyone ever have their adductors massaged? I had not until Monday, despite getting a million massages over the years. It was quite the experience. My right one was sore as hell and the left one was super tight but not as sore. Better still, by Wednesday my legs felt great. I tried to mimic it on the foam roller but I can't seem to get it so I'll be going back for another sesh with the awesome MT who got deep into them bad boys (I'm actually annoyed by the use of sesh and will probably end up in hell for using it lol).

RunningOnSand

Maybe you're the one doing it wrong, did you ever consider that?  Naked compression could be the next. big. thing.  Get on this train before it leaves the station!

LOL LOL LOL Big grin

RunningOnSand

How cool!!

Mine is a red ES-339:

Holy shiz, Lauren. What a sweet present!!! My husband would die and go to heaven. That is so cool!!!

RunningOnSand

Anyone ever have their adductors massaged? I had not until Monday, despite getting a million massages over the years. It was quite the experience. My right one was sore as hell and the left one was super tight but not as sore. Better still, by Wednesday my legs felt great. I tried to mimic it on the foam roller but I can't seem to get it so I'll be going back for another sesh with the awesome MT who got deep into them bad boys (I'm actually annoyed by the use of sesh and will probably end up in hell for using it lol).

Yes, I have. It's quite painful. Oh wait. No, I haven't. I was confusing my PSOAS/hip flexors for adductors. The adductors are the inner or outer? I'm guessing inner?

LOL Smile