Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES (Read 48 times)

LRB

I've had some of the worst weather ever training in the wind the past two winters. Hopefully we catch a break this year.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Why doesn't the wind ever push us FFS.

Oh yes, and when it's strong enough that you can feel it, you better hope it's not on the first half of an out and back course.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

bluerun

Super B****

I've had some of the worst weather ever training in the wind the past two winters. Hopefully we catch a break this year.

Seriously.  Why can't it never be colder than 50??

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Hip Redux

I did one like that too, 40-45 mph gusts.  Special treat was that the wind was causing the waves to crash up on the road and drench us all.  Did I mention that it was about 20 degrees?!

Wait, did we do the same race?  LOL

bluerun

Super B****

Wait, did we do the same race?  LOL

I don't know -- did the handicapped porta potty blow away at your race too??

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Hip Redux

I don't know -- did the handicapped porta potty blow away at your race too??

LOL!

This was October 2012, Newport RI.  I'm guessing you weren't there, but the experiences were similar.  OK, minus the flying portapotty!

I expect to. 

Dave

Zelanie

I expect to. 

Dave has summoned the bad weather gods to the PNW.  Do you remember me talking about the 20" of snow that fell and stayed around for a week, TWICE, two years ago?

Dave has summoned the bad weather gods to the PNW.  Do you remember me talking about the 20" of snow that fell and stayed around for a week, TWICE, two years ago?

Well if that happens again, I'll probably be the only one running in it. Whatever we get, it'll be better than what I left behind.

And hey, I brought you a beautiful rain-free summer! OK it was brutally hot down where you are. It was "hot" up here too, but not really.

Dave

Zelanie

It was hotter here than death valley, so thanks.