Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies Day 154 (Read 29 times)

RunningOnSand

Nah, not worth having Coach re-work my training plan.

Besides, my miles teammate is consistently running 2-3x her target and we're only in 4th place 

Good job staying patient with the run/walk, seems you are getting closer to "normal" running again!

Makes sense. Thanks! And I agree--it does seem like I'm getting closer to a more "normal" running routine again Big grin

LRB

Dave, I'm with onemile on this one. 15 min doesn't seem like too drastic of a difference to wake up to enjoy your running a whole hell of a lot more.

I'll dissent. For me, morning minutes are precious. I simply will not roll out of bed and run under any circumstances. I get up at 5:18, sit down for my beloved cup of brew at some point around 5:40 - 5:55 and enjoy complete and absolute nothingness while drinking it for about 20 minutes. I start getting ready to run for the next 25 ish minutes (which is a thing!) then head out the door anywhere from 6:35 to 6:55 depending on that day's distance.  If I had to whack 15 minutes from the front end, I would have to take it off the time allotted for running on the back end because again, I ain't waking up and then running 10 minutes later for nobody (apologies to the grammarians for that last part).

I understand that it's not the norm and we all know I'm an oddball here, but basically, I sacrifice an hour at night and crash early to have that special time in the morning which for me, is priceless. YMMV

sdWhiskers

I'll dissent. For me, morning minutes are precious. I simply will not roll out of bed and run under any circumstances. I get up at 5:18, sit down for my beloved cup of brew at some point around 5:40 - 5:55 and enjoy complete and absolute nothingness while drinking it for about 20 minutes. I start getting ready to run for the next 25 ish minutes (which is a thing!) then head out the door anywhere from 6:35 to 6:55 depending on that day's distance.  If I had to whack 15 minutes from the front end, I would have to take it off the time allotted for running on the back end because again, I ain't waking up and then running 10 minutes later for nobody (apologies to the grammarians for that last part).

I understand that it's not the norm and we all know I'm an oddball here, but basically, I sacrifice an hour at night and crash early to have that special time in the morning which for me, is priceless. YMMV

I love it!

Whereas if I'm getting up at 5:18am, if I am not running by 5:40--I have failed  

Cyberic

I'm with you. I get up at 5:40 and am not out of the door before 6:30-6:45 depending on toilet time, but also on doing nothing time.

I have one double espresso and one English Muffin (don't know if you have those but they're about the size of a small hamburger bun, and although a bit denser than bread, still more bread than muffin.)  That is what I have every darn morning before I run. I have tried the wake up, have a glass of water and get out running thing, and it was fine when I was running 20 minutes, but I prefer having some coffee and sugar in my blood stream now.

And morning time is the best time.

Cyberic

And RD for me. Felt like my legs needed it, but my mood has been meh all day, maybe from not starting the day with a run.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Cyberic & LRB, you guys move about my speed in the morning. I can also use the excuse that aside from my coffee & bagel, I have to pull my hair back. In the summer, I also have to coat myself in sunscreen.

RunningOnSand

When I was a morning runner, that was my jam, too. I had to get up an hour before the run, but that was because of the coffee. And I totally get where you're coming from - sleep is a precious commodity.

onemile

And RD for me. Felt like my legs needed it, but my mood has been meh all day, maybe from not starting the day with a run.

I also took a rest day today. The hottest day all week (it is currently 90 out). Tomorrow morning won't be much better though. Still 70 at 6am.  I have not slept much the past few nights and am feeling exhausted.  And RRP hasn't been running the past 2 weeks and URP won't get up early so I have had to run alone. I really have little motivation to try to do my workouts in this heat/humidity with no races this fall

GinnyinPA

Today was our last cool day before a midweek warmup, so I ran 9 miles. The glute was very painful at first, so I stopped the watch and walked for half a mile to stretch it out, then tried again. I still felt it, but by two miles I was mostly comfortable. I should probably take a break and let it rest, but I really need my running right now.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Seems strange that the midwest is hot and it is below 70 here. Unfortanately, my neighbors decided to cut down trees today & have been burning branches for the last 6+ hours. So as nice as it is, we can't open the windows because of the smoke.

bluerun

Super B****

And here I thought I was taking a long time getting out the door 25 minutes after waking up

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

KCRuns

I ran 4.5 on the TM during lunch.

Cyberic

I also took a rest day today. The hottest day all week (it is currently 90 out). Tomorrow morning won't be much better though. Still 70 at 6am.  I have not slept much the past few nights and am feeling exhausted.  And RRP hasn't been running the past 2 weeks and URP won't get up early so I have had to run alone. I really have little motivation to try to do my workouts in this heat/humidity with no races this fall

Hard to stay focused to train like a robot in those conditions.

I'm with you. I get up at 5:40 and am not out of the door before 6:30-6:45 depending on toilet time, but also on doing nothing time.

trying to avoid the bear-in-the-woods thing is a challenge for me😡

the parks I run at have bathrooms or dons John’s but they are lock currently

LRB

When I was a morning runner, that was my jam, too. I had to get up an hour before the run, but that was because of the coffee. And I totally get where you're coming from - sleep is a precious commodity.

Truth!