Beginners and Beyond

Mercy MonDAILIES (Read 37 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Wow......... here is the video interview with the man who rescued the 30 year old woman who had gone missing July 9. She was rescued and brought back to her family this past weekend.

http://www.tristatehomepage.com/story/d/story/eyewitness-news-alex-mcbeath-talks-with-the-man-wh/12400/I36f5nXgDESOzk9JNpSurQ

And the link to the two people who abducted her, now what I got from the video interview is that Joelle (the victim) knew the guy from work and that night she was walking home he stopped and offered her a ride to his house (?) and that is where she was gagged with chloroform, stripped and locked in a cage....... yep that is fucked up.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Rick, thank you for starting the dailies

Lily, excellent eight.

DaveP MI, bravo on the six.

B-Plus, enjoy your six-miler.

Zelanie, have a great run.

Dave, have an amazing recovery run.

Marjorie, enjoy Pilates.

FreeSoul87, I hope that your oven is fixed.

Damaris, never such a thing. Rotation, rotation, rotation!

Lauren, I hope that the Sayonaras are good to your feet. Have fun on Sunday.

scottydawg, WTH?

Dan, I hope that you're having a pleasant rest day.

Hi, c0derunner!

My mojo is coming back. I haven't been tracking most of my runs. I've just been taking a familiar route and tackling it. No Garmin. No RunKeeper. No log. The thought of having to be accountable has been offputting and kept me from enjoying my favorite things, running and sewing. Blech.

Yesterday, admission to the MFA was free. So, I went. I saw my favorite painting, The Bone Player. The guy just looks so relaxed and into doing his thing, it inspired me.

Today, I did 6.14 miles after work. 62F. 50F dewpoint. Hair metal. Excellent. I hadn't really enjoyed a run in more than a month.

I also ordered underlining for a skirt fabric for four sweaters.

Mojo is back.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

FreeSoul87, I hope that your oven is fixed.

My mojo is coming back. I haven't been tracking most of my runs. I've just been taking a familiar route and tackling it. No Garmin. No RunKeeper. No log. The thought of having to be accountable has been offputting and kept me from enjoying my favorite things, running and sewing. Blech.

Yesterday, admission to the MFA was free. So, I went. I saw my favorite painting, The Bone Player. The guy just looks so relaxed and into doing his thing, it inspired me.

Today, I did 6.14 miles after work. 62F. 50F dewpoint. Hair metal. Excellent. I hadn't really enjoyed a run in more than a month.

I also ordered underlining for a skirt fabric for four sweaters.

Mojo is back.

You've become a Zen runner 

The repairman said it would cost $217.00 to get a new "element" (?) and labor (the element costing $142 and the labor another $142). I said I'd think about it, then called hubby then went online and found the same part for only $29.53.... and I ordered it. Ain't no freaking way we are paying $220 for something that only costs $29.53 and my hubby can put in.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I wanna take her home to meet mom.

Are you going to introduce her as your pretzel?

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Basya!  We have missed you!!!!

Pilates and 4 miles. I have a horrible case of acid reflux today, coughing all day. Almost threw up during the class while I was hanging upside down!  Still, doing a full hour of pilates laying atop a foam roller and not falling off once was good.

Damaris

B-Plus

Sounds like you had an amazing run!

LRB

Are you going to introduce her as your pretzel?

That made me lol

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I have been coughing all fucking day which is a sign of another asthma bout.  Fuck my life.

But at least my LRS called to tell me the shoe I have been waiting for arrived.  Just what I need, more shoes.

I hear ya.  I have 6 pairs of ASICS Nimbus in rotation....and I just ordered another pair!   Gail said "REALLY?"  I said, 'Yeah, but these are blue and I don't have that color yet." 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt