Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #206 (Read 28 times)

LRB

The overnight low will hit 63 but that's at 6:00 am. At 9:00 it'll be 73 and at 10:00 77. Looks like I'm gonna burn cause I ain't running that early on a Saturday foe nobody.

DavePNW

Awww, Dave. So cute. Name?

Her name before he adopted her was Naomi, I don't think he's changing it.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

The overnight low will hit 63 but that's at 6:00 am. At 9:00 it'll be 73 and at 10:00 77. Looks like I'm gonna burn cause I ain't running that early on a Saturday foe nobody.

78 at 9am and 81 at 10am. Gonna be a bit cooler tomorrow.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That's what I got this morning for my run. A 5F increase in 2 miles and I was like woah, we don't do that here!

Damaris

LRB

Forbes is reporting there is a $10 million dollar ransom request to unlock Garmin's files, which if they pay, there is no way to know the thieves will unlock the files? And supposedly there is a navigation tool that pilots are required by the FAA to use while flying that is also being affected. They are so screwed.

If I'm the CEO of Garmin, you call it a loss and move forward with a new platform. There is no way you cave in.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Forbes is reporting there is a $10 million dollar ransom request to unlock Garmin's files, which if they pay, there is no way to know the thieves will unlock the files? And supposedly there is a navigation tool that pilots are required by the FAA to use while flying that is also being affected. They are so screwed.

If I'm the CEO of Garmin, you call it a loss and move forward with a new platform. There is no way you cave in.

Baltimore City had a ransomware attack last year. They refused to pay and basically rebuilt everything. It really screwed up a lot of city services for weeks/months. Nothing could be done on-line. Real estate transactions were halted.

Betterr hope Garmin has recent back ups of everything.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Most of the ransomware victims try to fix it (they never can) so you either start over or pay. So we are waiting to see when Garmin will decide but there is a time limit. Once they hit that, the data is erased anyway.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The problem I see if that it does not look like they have any platform at this point, especially when even their social media and customer service were taken away. I hope they were smart and have some sort of Plan B because if not, they are fucked.

Damaris