Beginners and Beyond

Hooray MonDAILIES (Read 34 times)

LRB

From what I understand, that's how the NCR trail is (limestone trail near me). But, it is mostly shady and in an area of the county that tends to be colder than the rest of the area, so the snow hangs around much longer than most places. With our wild swings of temps in March, it would melt & then refreeze on a daily basis.

Same here. We don't go back to the PCT until late March or early April. I was surprised to see hardened wheel ruts (from bikes) yesterday.

LRB

Not to make D's head explode (a certified Garmin hater), but Amazon currently has the Fenix 2 on sale for $149.99. That's $250 off, if anyone cares about those things.

Baboon

delicate flower

MarathonFoto...free pics

hahahahahalolololol

<3

onemile

Just got an email from MarathonFoto for Boston. I thought with the price I'm paying to run that race, it would include free pics. Not!

I just checked the weather. Right now they're predicting a 10 MPH NE wind. Head on for 26 miles. If it stays that way, a PR will be difficult.

MTA: weather.gov do not predict winds that much in advance.

10mph wind is not bad. Plus with the crowds you get pretty good blockage.  But for crying out loud, you can PR in that.

onemile

With the limestone, what's your weather been like? There is a popular crushed limestone rail trail near me that due to the shade & location was not runnable until sometime last month, despite roads being cleared of snow for a couple weeks. I think it also gets sloppy when there is a lot of rain too.

It's been rainy. My limestone trail gets sloppy when it rains. :/

workinprogress11

Onemile, I vote for race #2 unless you've already decided against that one in the posts I didn't read.

8 miles today. It was windy. Again.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Today has been hell, all morning on the road to take Dorian to his dr. appointment then to preschool.

My Sciatic nerve is driving my left leg crazy! And I think it is/was actually what's effecting my left foot, I hate this crap.

Beautiful weather is coming this week, starting around Wednesday - looking forward to it.

Oh, did I mention that this very Wednesday my little miracle man is turning the big 4 years old??? Oh yes, fours years has just about flown by so fast  too fast.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Not to make D's head explode (a certified Garmin hater), but Amazon currently has the Fenix 2 on sale for $149.99. That's $250 off, if anyone cares about those things.

I have three Fenixes.  The Fenix never live up to the expectations of ultra and trail runners.  It had promise.  I have three because hubby needed to have one with me, of course, and because I tried the 2.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I ran nothing, no fucks given.  Will move my run to Thursday which is the day we go to Disney for the wedding/Star War races.  I guess I will have to wake up early, sigh.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Upper body weights and core.

Cyberic

10mph wind is not bad. Plus with the crowds you get pretty good blockage.  But for crying out loud, you can PR in that.

I did not think of the crowd, or even of the other runners, but now that I think of it, there will be a crowd of runners around me as I'll be an average runner in that field. I'd much prefer a tail wind though, or side wind.

Cyberic

Just finished watching the Barkley Marathons on Netflix. Not for this wimp.

onemile

I did not think of the crowd, or even of the other runners, but now that I think of it, there will be a crowd of runners around me as I'll be an average runner in that field. I'd much prefer a tail wind though, or side wind.

Yes, a tailwind would be nice. But we had a headwind also and it was worse than 10mph and really for most of the race I didn't notice it. There were some stretches but I would not worry about 10mph.

Cyberic

The more I run, the more sensitive I become to cold. And by that I don't mean extreme temperatures, but in the house or at work. I used to be a short sleeves guy but now I wear long sleeves, with a cotton short sleeves t-shirt underneath and I'm often still cold. It's like my heart isn't pumping enough anymore.