Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES (Read 36 times)

Cyberic

Ran 10 in beautiful winter weather. 14 degrees, sunny, very little wind, there is sand/gravel on most of the sidewalks.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Have him pause the run then turn of (or on) the GPS.

It won't let us go to that screen with those two watches.  We tried.  I'll try again on my 230.  That's one of the bad parts about the 220 for him, not being able to switch the run/walk intervals or do anything else after the run has started.  Even with pausing, it's not accessible.

Damaris

LRB

It won't let us go to that screen with those two watches.  We tried.  I'll try again on my 230.  That's one of the bad parts about the 220 for him, not being able to switch the run/walk intervals or do anything else after the run has started.  Even with pausing, it's not accessible.

I'll play around with it tonight.

onemile

I know that I can get to activity settings once I pause my run

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

On the 220?  I know the higher numbered Garmins do but I have been unable to figure this out for hubby on the 220 and his 230.  And he won't buy a higher one, silly man.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'll play around with it tonight.

Danke.  Let me know if you find it.

Damaris

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!!

Posting two days in a row, crazy 

Had a nice 10 miler this morning, right on the line for me temp wise, but went with shorts anyway, wasn't too bad.  Cold is rolling in now tho, some snow tonight/tomorrow, which down here just means that everyone is going to lose their minds over a few flakes LOL

Hope everyone is having a great day!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Cyberic

You are nuts!

Snow? I've heard of the thing...

Cyberic

Don't even know how to "pause" a run on the 620, unless I turn on the auto-pause when I stop running(speex at 0 mph, for example). But manually, I only know how to stop and re-start a run, which is what I use at traffic lights.

onemile

Don't even know how to "pause" a run on the 620, unless I turn on the auto-pause when I stop running(speex at 0 mph, for example). But manually, I stop and re-start a run, which is what I use at traffic lights.

Stopping = Pausing

DavePNW

On the 220?  I know the higher numbered Garmins do but I have been unable to figure this out for hubby on the 220 and his 230.  And he won't buy a higher one, silly man.

I don't think so. That's what I have, and I think once you are running, you are stuck with what you got. But I am perfectly happy with it.

Dave

LRB

On the 220?  

No, she's talking about something different.

LRB

Hey everyone!!

You've met your quota, see ya next year. lol

Mmmmm...beer

You've met your quota, see ya next year. lol

LOL 

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Cyberic

Stopping = Pausing

Ok, that' what I do, but the auto-pause actually pauses the watch. The start action  is represented by a green triangle on the screen, the stop is a red square, and the auto-pause uses two parallel yellow bars. I always wondered if I could access that pause mode manually.