Beginners and Beyond

Sink or Swim WednesDAILIES (Read 36 times)

onemile

Mine were and usually are morning/evening or afternoon/night. Not that it matters I guess but I always want 7 to 8 hours in-between the stupid things if I can get it.

I could probably do 11am and 7pm... or thereabouts

onemile

I say Dave ditches work the rest of the week to get the drive done early.

This is a good idea. Call in sick

LRB

It comes from a place of love.

I would be disappointed if it didn't come. 

LRB

Boom.

DavePNW

I usually do 6-7am & 4-5pm. But you'll probably be OK with that, both are typically low-stress runs. By bigger issue is usually the next morning anyway.

Dave

DavePNW

I say Dave ditches work the rest of the week to get the drive done early.

I wish. I am in all-day meetings today & tomorrow (plenty of sitting!) I am taking Friday off since the race is Saturday.

Dave

DavePNW

This is a good idea. Call in sick

Taper madness is a legit illness.

Dave

onemile

I usually do 6-7am & 4-5pm. But you'll probably be OK with that, both are typically low-stress runs. By bigger issue is usually the next morning anyway.

I could do it that way too. Maybe if I have time to drink my coffee while I am driving to work, I'll feel better than if I just rolled out of bed.

DavePNW

I could do it that way too. Maybe if I have time to drink my coffee while I am driving to work, I'll feel better than if I just rolled out of bed.

Oh yeah. I have a 30 min drive which is enough time to down 16 oz. Another reason today was so rough, it was a roll out of bed run.

Dave

Runshortii

I give all of you credit that run after just rolling out of bed. The way my work schedule is (I work 11am-11pm three days a week) I usually have time to actually wake up and have coffee before I run. It sucks running when you haven't even been awake for 15 minutes

onemile

Oh yeah. I have a 30 min drive which is enough time to down 16 oz. Another reason today was so rough, it was a roll out of bed run.

I lasted about a week trying that.

Do you wear your running clothes to drive to work and bring your work clothes with?

Maybe I will do this tomorrow.

LRB

Do you wear your running clothes to drive to work and bring your work clothes with?

Maybe I will do this tomorrow.

Yes. Sometimes I wear track pants and a long sleeve top and/or jacket because you know, coworkers will never un-see it if they catch a glimpse of you in running clothes. That may not be an issue for you, but for me, short shorts and tights don't play well in an office full of hunters, ex-cops and military types.  lol

LRB

I wish. I am in all-day meetings today & tomorrow (plenty of sitting!) I am taking Friday off since the race is Saturday.

You could rent a trailer and stand up in it for most of the drive, or commandeer a hearse and lie in a coffin for the trip....

Um, actually, sitting doesn't sound so bad after all. 

onemile

Yes. Sometimes I wear track pants and a long sleeve top and/or jacket because you know, coworkers will never un-see it if they catch a glimpse of you in running clothes. That may not be an issue for you, but for me, short shorts and tights don't play well in an office full of hunters, ex-cops and military types.  lol

This is why I never tried this before - the only shower they had was up on one of the office floors.

But the new gym is in the basement and I can easily get in and out without parading around the office in my shorty shorts   And if I am there before 7am, the chance of seeing anyone I know is pretty slim. That is a big advantage of running before work rather than during lunch time.

DavePNW

I did the roll out of bed run for a long time, before I moved out here.  It took me about 3 miles to warm up every day. 

Yes. I wake up, put on my running clothes, pack my work clothes in my gym bag (actually do that the night before to save time), make 2 k-cups in a travel mug, drive to the gym, drop off my bag in a locker, run, then shower, put on my work clothes & go into the office.

Pro tip: put the gym bag containing your sweaty running clothes in the trunk. If they sit all day in the passenger compartment , you will regret it when you get in the car at the end of the day.

For a double, I'll leave the running clothes hanging in the locker, to let hem air dry a bit before the evening run.

Dave