Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES! (Read 39 times)

Most races have no rhyme or reason for the bib numbers.

Sometimes they go alphabetically other than the elite #s.  For my Saturday race, it looks like an organizer was picking their favorites for AG contenders and giving them their age as a number if possible.  Kind of neat.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Well damn, would've been so cool to have # 1 lmao.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

I have never heard of weather.gov but the the words accurate and weather in the same sentence is usually an oxymoron.

You Rang?

Don't some of them correlate to corral placement?

Disney correlated them to seeding or corral placements.  The folks in Corral A (like Baboon at Tower of Terror) have low numbers and fast legs. The higher the number, the later/slower the corral.

I have a feeling that my MCM bib number correlated to my draw in the lottery.  I received notice that I'd been selected in the early afternoon (Pacific Standard Time) and had a very high bib number.

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I have never heard of weather.gov but the the words accurate and weather in the same sentence is usually an oxymoron.

Fuck accuweather.com, it's said an inch of snow Friday evening lol.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

LRB

weather.com is all I ever needed and is really only of use to you once it can give an hourly forecast. That said at this point you can be pretty sure it will be cooler rather than warmer and that there my friend is also known as winning!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Don't some of them correlate to corral placement?

The big races, sometimes.  NY does relate to waves, not corrals.  Chicago does not as far as I remember (but I could be wrong), except the F at the beginning which means the corral.  Berlin has no rhyme or reason that I can remember (my number was low).

I have never run with bib corresponding to my name or time of registration.  I suspect small races do that because they probably do this manually, but my smaller races are not very small, so maybe that is why I have not experienced this.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So, you have never heard of the official National Weather Service from the federal government (NOAA)?  LOL.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Some people refer to Accuweather as crappuweather for a reason....

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Some people refer to Accuweather as crappuweather for a reason....

That is a much better name for it.

PRs

B-Plus

Oh crap, is it still Wednesday?