Beginners and Beyond

Mondailies on the 2nd (Read 36 times)

onemile

Looks like the earliest I can get in is 3:20 PM (unless I want to take the redeye and arrive at 6AM, but eff that), which would make things an awful tight squeeze if I arrived on Sunday. And the latest I can depart is 6 PM, which would make it a tight squeeze to leave on Monday. So it appears I will need 3 nights minimum (Sat, Sun, Mon). And yeah, 4 would make it more fun, but the dollars just get redonculous

I suggest starting looking for a hotel now. I booked mine shortly before the race (a year prior to running it) and got a bargain of $200/night at a Doubletree in Back Bay

DavePNW

I suggest starting looking for a hotel now. I booked mine shortly before the race (a year prior to running it) and got a bargain of $200/night at a Doubletree in Back Bay

That is a hell of a deal. I have actually started looking, and either (1) everything is fully booked already, or (2) they don't start taking reservations before 1 year out. I am hoping/assuming it's the latter.

Dave

onemile

That is a hell of a deal. I have actually started looking, and either (1) everything is fully booked already, or (2) they don't start taking reservations before 1 year out. I am hoping/assuming it's the latter.

Most probably don't take reservations yet but I would keep checking over the next few weeks.

Hey everybody!

Whats with this spring snow . Slept in because I didn't have much going on with work until tomorrow. No need to get up at 4:15 if I dont have to. Headed over to the gym (didn't feel like running in this crap) around 9am and got an easy 7Mi in 7:58avg.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

DavePNW

Most probably don't take reservations yet but I would keep checking over the next few weeks.

Planning on it!  Anything I can do to take my mind off the current state of my running.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

5.4 miles on a hill route and thoroughly kicked it in the ass.  I suck at keeping the effort in check when my legs feel good.

<3

RunningOnSand

RunningOnFrozenSand might be a better moniker for you.

LOL. Truth. Big grin

RunningOnSand

The April showers are supposed to be of the rain variety, right? Not very spring like here either.

Right??! Ugh. It's STILL snowing. Sad

RunningOnSand

Howdy, folks. I did my 5, did my injury prevention exercises, yadda yadda.

What's everyone eating tonight? I am feeling peckish but nothing really sounds all that good. And I had to dump a perfectly good [half] bottle of cab bc I didn't drink it quickly enough and it went bad.  So now I'm having hubby pick me up some black box wine. Don't judge.

LRB

Howdy, folks. I did my 5, did my injury prevention exercises, yadda yadda.

What's everyone eating tonight? I am feeling peckish but nothing really sounds all that good. And I had to dump a perfectly good [half] bottle of cab bc I didn't drink it quickly enough and it went bad.  So now I'm having hubby pick me up some black box wine. Don't judge.

Black box wine is fine. In fact, any wine that you like is fine, be it in a box, a bottle, a milk jug or a boot.

I didn't feel like standing in the kitchen for forever, so I went with eggplant parm.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Upper body weights and core.

Probably not helpful with the dinner decision, steak with mashed cauliflower and sweet potato/carrots. And I have a cupcake thawing for later.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Tonight is our date night, so we are eating out.  No idea where we will go, but hoping for Cheesecake Factory, ha.  Still rungry from my LR.

Ran 7 after lifting.  My legs were not happy I did them in that order.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Black box wine is fine. In fact, any wine that you like is fine, be it in a box, a bottle, a milk jug or a boot.

I didn't feel like standing in the kitchen for forever, so I went with eggplant parm.

Have you ever tried the eggplant parm at Cheesecake Factory?  No idea they had that on the menu, but now that I saw it, I want to eat it.  OK, obsessed with CF today, I guess.

Damaris

DavePNW

Now I want eggplant parm.

MTA: even worse, I am singing it in my head like Peyton Manning.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Now I want eggplant parm.

LOL, sorry!

Damaris