Beginners and Beyond

SleepInThursDailies (Read 23 times)

DavePNW

2.75 miles. I do not recommend a lunch that includes sauerkraut, cauliflower tots and an apple. 

Noted. 

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

For Boston, I carried everything on the bus. I got a Sbux in the hotel lobby on my way out (with someone in line paying for it, because I had no cash/card/phone and they could not charge it to the room). I held that coffee for the entire hour and 15 minute ride, just taking a few sips of it, too reluctant to suck it all down (for obvious reasons). As soon as I got off the bus I chugged 16 oz of cold coffee. Yum! Then ate my food in the athletes' village. Turned out they did have coffee & food there, but you never want to count on anything.

However I think a much longer gap between arrival at the start and race time, at Boston vs. CIM, so probably won't want to wait. Thinking I'll get up around 4, have coffee & food, bus at 5, banana at 6.

Also don't plan to count on the hotel lobby - I'll probably bring everything I need, better safe than sorry.

This is my life philosophy whenever I go anywhere

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

I just posted a very long Boston recap. Marathons are long, and the recaps are longer.

chasing the impossible

LRB

For Boston, I carried everything on the bus. I got a Sbux in the hotel lobby on my way out (with someone in line paying for it, because I had no cash/card/phone and they could not charge it to the room). I held that coffee for the entire hour and 15 minute ride, just taking a few sips of it, too reluctant to suck it all down (for obvious reasons). As soon as I got off the bus I chugged 16 oz of cold coffee. Yum! Then ate my food in the athletes' village. Turned out they did have coffee & food there, but you never want to count on anything.

However I think a much longer gap between arrival at the start and race time, at Boston vs. CIM, so probably won't want to wait. Thinking I'll get up around 4, have coffee & food, bus at 5, banana at 6.

Also don't plan to count on the hotel lobby - I'll probably bring everything I need, better safe than sorry.

Same! And then I saw the spread and was like, well hell, since I'm here. lol

LRB

This is my life philosophy whenever I go anywhere

+1.

LRB

What???

At 53 and a half trips around the sun my memory is worth shit I'm starting to lose some of my sharpness but it I think it was a middle distance event and at the moment of the capture you were running past a horse that was on the course.

sdWhiskers

Same! And then I saw the spread and was like, well hell, since I'm here. lol

Ha, I did that too

bluerun

Super B****

At 53 and a half trips around the sun my memory is worth shit I'm starting to lose some of my sharpness but it I think it was a middle distance event and at the moment of the capture you were running past a horse that was on the course.

I don't remember ever running across a horse during a race?! Maybe it's my memory that's going, though. I'll have to comb through and see...

chasing the impossible

GinnyinPA

At Boston I ate breakfast early, then ate a banana and half a bagel on the bus. That worked well. For me, a late start is good since I am not used to running early in the morning and I liked getting two breakfasts since I was skipping lunch.

LRB

I don't remember ever running across a horse during a race?! Maybe it's my memory that's going, though. I'll have to comb through and see...

Remembering inconsequential random crap is a problem I have not you!

bluerun

Super B****

Remembering inconsequential random crap is a problem I have not you!

Combed through all the pictures I could think of…nary a horse in sight

chasing the impossible

LRB

Combed through all the pictures I could think of…nary a horse in sight

Then use a brush! 

bluerun

Super B****

Then use a brush! 

I don’t own one

chasing the impossible