Beginners and Beyond

Rocky and Bullwinkle Wednesdailies! (Read 43 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

November 19th is Rocky and Bullwinkle Day!

Are you flying today like Rocky or moving a bit slower like Bullwinkle?

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Cold, crappy weather this morning to start in San Antonio - which is probably appropriate, Nov 19 is also World Toilet Day and that seems to fit our weather in the am....shitty! - - but at least there is hope for San Antonio today....per our local weather folks our temp will be shooting up to 63 degrees by  around 4 pm or so.   Right in time for my after-work run/walk, nice!

3.3 miles done yesterday at the park near the San Antonio Zoo.  A pleasant 52 degrees and sunshine, although a stiff wind gave it a 'feels like' temp of 48, but still not bad.   Started out kind of sluggish, but felt really better after the first half mile.  Killed it my last mile, with a 10:18 mile to finish.  That's probably walking pace for a lot of you, lol, but pretty speedy for an old dog like me.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

'Sup!

My stupid eyeball popped wide open during the middle of the night and it took awhile but I managed to get back to sleep.  When the time came for me to get up to run however, I looked at the weather channel (16 degrees, wind chill of 2 with steady winds of 11 MPH) and said FTS and went back to sleep, which I needed more than a run at that point.

It totally sucks though that my belly chose to eat two pop tarts right before bed, but them shits were yummy yo! 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  Parkas and wool coats is all I see.  Funny, since it's 59F.  Crazy people.

Pilates class and heavy weights tonight.

Damaris

You Rang?

SRD... This is my last night teaching for the semester.  Gunna miss the young skulls full of mush a/k/a as my law students.

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

onemile

When the time came for me to get up to run however, I looked at the weather channel (16 degrees, wind chill of 2 with steady winds of 11 MPH) and said FTS and went back to sleep, which I needed more than a run at that point.

Funny. I was actually happy to see it was a pleasant 18 degrees here this morning. So much better than the past 2 mornings. I ran 8 miles and was tempted to do more but didn't because my boss is in the office this week so I figured I should be to work on time.

B-Plus

8 miles tonight, which will be my longest run in almost a month.

Baboon

delicate flower

Hello IMO.

Speaking of sleepless nights, I slept 9.5 hours last night.  I went to bed early on account of not feeling well, then slept late.  I needed that.  I have a SRD today, which is unfortunate because I feel like running up a damn mountain.

Six month dental check up this morning.  My teeth are "not good but awesome."  So I've got that going for me.  I think some chick hit on me in Starbucks today.  She asked why I was putting salt in my coffee.  Umm, it was vanilla, and it was an Americano.  COME ON NOW.

<3

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hello IMO.

Speaking of sleepless nights, I slept 9.5 hours last night.  I went to bed early on account of not feeling well, then slept late.  I needed that.  I have a SRD today, which is unfortunate because I feel like running up a damn mountain.

Six month dental check up this morning.  My teeth are "not good but awesome."  So I've got that going for me.  I think some chick hit on me in Starbucks today.  She asked why I was putting salt in my coffee.  Umm, it was vanilla, and it was an Americano.  COME ON NOW.

Gunga galunga.

Hi Dailies.

LRB: Two poptarts before bed? Strawberry or blueberry? Even as a kid, I never liked the chocolate.

onemile: 18 degrees is pleasant? Like Docket, people around here are crazy. If it gets below 68 they get out the freaking earmuffs and parkas and thing the apocalypse is here.

I've got some easy miles on tap for later tonight. Yep, easy miles. Nothing serious, just easy miles.

LRB

Funny. I was actually happy to see it was a pleasant 18 degrees here this morning. So much better than the past 2 mornings. I ran 8 miles and was tempted to do more but didn't because my boss is in the office this week so I figured I should be to work on time.

I am routinely about a single minute late getting to my stupid desk pretty much any day I run before work, regardless of the distance (funny how that works).

Luckily for me my boss takes great joy in mocking runners and is too busy laughing out loud at my shoes or the size of my back pack to take notice. Meanwhile his boss (whose office I sit directly in front of) finds it inspiring and is always too busy asking how my run went to notice.

Coincidentally (or maybe not) she is in great shape, while he is a bag of lard. lol

onemile

I am routinely about a single minute late getting to my stupid desk pretty much any day I run before work, regardless of the distance (funny how that works).

Luckily for me my boss takes great joy in mocking runners and is too busy laughing out loud at my shoes or the size of my back pack to take notice. Meanwhile his boss (whose office I sit directly in front of) finds it inspiring and is always too busy asking how my run went to notice.

Coincidentally (or maybe not) she is in great shape, while he is a bag of lard. lol

Technically I start at 7:30. I usually get in at 8.  So I didn't want to push it.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.1 for me. Work travel today

Marjorie

LRB

Morning.  Parkas and wool coats is all I see.  Funny, since it's 59F.  Crazy people.

You are cracking me up this week!

That is a great description of the weather Scotty, right now it's snowing here which pales to what Jay is getting in Buffalo!

The bond between student and teacher goes both ways then 'eh Rick? That's cool.

That is impressive that you have undertaken morning running One with a start time like that!

You nervous or anxious Boon?

Strawberry Jack.  I am not sure chocolate was around when I was growing up, which proves one thing; I am old.  

Hi Marj! Going anywhere interesting this time?

As for me. lunch is served!

adkkev

That is a great description of the weather Scotty, right now it's snowing here which pales to what Jay is getting in Buffalo!

Not sure what part of the Buffalo area Jay is in ... I grew up on the northeast side of the city in the suburbs (Tonawanda & Amherst) and from what I can see on the Buffalo News interactive snowfall map, there is a distinct line between getting buried in snow & getting relatively nothing.  As of this morning, my old stomping grounds had rec'd less than 4" of snow.  Ten miles to the south and west, 50+ inches of the white stuff.

And more is on the way!!

LRB

Not sure what part of the Buffalo area Jay is in ... I grew up on the northeast side of the city in the suburbs (Tonawanda & Amherst) and from what I can see on the Buffalo News interactive snowfall map, there is a distinct line between getting buried in snow & getting relatively nothing.  As of this morning, my old stomping grounds had rec'd less than 4" of snow.  Ten miles to the south and west, 50+ inches of the white stuff.

And more is on the way!!

Geezus!