Beginners and Beyond

2019 Goals (Read 57 times)

Cyberic

Since I don't have much mojo to train hard right now, and I'm going away on a family trip in England next summer (most likely), I'm not sure what goal(s) to set.

- Hit 5000 km (about 3100 miles) in the year, as that is what I pledged for the miles game, and that would keep me running all year long

- PR in at least one of the main racing distances. I don't know about that one, but I should race a couple of times, so why not go for it?

All good! I PRed in the HM, and am on track for that mileage goal.

Cyberic

^ What in the hell was he drinking that morning??

Cyberic

By any measure, your year as been spectacular. And there's still half of it left!

Yup. Just avoid injuries, and you'll be golden, ok?

LRB

Like spokes in a wheel, in 2019, all roads lead to New York. I will train my ass off like never before, and let the chips fall where they may.

This was about the only thing I accomplished out of all of that drivel.

This is a fun game for me to play, because after the trainwreck that was 2018, I kicked 2019 in the ass.

My main goal is to get back to something resembling my old self again.

1. 2500+ miles. This used to be like falling off a log, but I don’t want to take anything for granted.

2. PR something. Primary plan at this point is to attack the HM.

3. Qualify for NYCM. Achieving #2 would do this. .

4. Do Boston proud. We’ll see what that means as the date nears, depending on what kind of shape I’m in and what the weather is like. But I am likely a one and done, so plan to make the most of it.

1. I will end up close to 2700.

2. How about PR EVERYTHING. 5k (with first sub-20), 10k (twice), 13.1 (twice), and 26.2 in December to wrap the year in one of those big TV commercial car-sized bows.

3. Yep. Twice in HMs, and once in the marathon. I don’t plan to go next year, but that’s hardly the point.

4. I’d check this one off too. The shape was great, the weather was not. But a 4 min positive split was better than a whole lot of people did, and I certainly made the most of my Boston experience.

Dave

Cyberic

Since I don't have much mojo to train hard right now, and I'm going away on a family trip in England next summer (most likely), I'm not sure what goal(s) to set.

- Hit 5000 km (about 3100 miles) in the year, as that is what I pledged for the miles game, and that would keep me running all year long

- PR in at least one of the main racing distances. I don't know about that one, but I should race a couple of times, so why not go for it?

Ok, so ran my biggest mileage year ever already, and should hit 6000 kms by the end of the year, so there is that.

As for racing, I gave it a good shot in the Spring at the marathon distance, but fell short. In the fall, a half-assed effort at the HM that ended up being my worse HM in like 3 years. Fail on that front.

MTA: shoot, I forgot about my PR at the HM distance in prep for the marathon in the Spring.

So although the expectations were not that high for this year, I did what I had to do!

Cyberic

This is a fun game for me to play, because after the trainwreck that was 2018, I kicked 2019 in the ass.

1. I will end up close to 2700.

2. How about PR EVERYTHING. 5k (with first sub-20), 10k (twice), 13.1 (twice), and 26.2 in December to wrap the year in one of those big TV commercial car-sized bows.

3. Yep. Twice in HMs, and once in the marathon. I don’t plan to go next year, but that’s hardly the point.

4. I’d check this one off too. The shape was great, the weather was not. But a 4 min positive split was better than a whole lot of people did, and I certainly made the most of my Boston experience.

Nice to see your great year in a couple of bullets like that. Pretty impressive, sir!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Sweet,  I didn't set any goals on here. Didn't happen anyway.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

2019 Goals???? Hell we're already half way through.

1. Make running a priority this year
                    2. Build my base
                    3. Get weekly mileage back up to 30-50 mpw
                    4. Train for the IMM
                    5. Beat my debut time
                    6. Don't get injured

Goals that aren't set in Stone

• Complete two marathons
                      • Honest Abe Trail Marathon - September 14
                      • Indianapolis Monumental Marathon - November 9

Lol..

I trained and completed the IMM, then dealt with some weird injury thingy, had to drop my mileage in hopes of using December as a recovery momth.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

+1

LRB

+1

Do better next time. 

KCRuns

1,600+ miles and continue to improve my race times. And stay injury free.

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa

delicate flower

• PR the "big four" distances (5K, 10K, HM, FM)
                            • Sub 3:10 marathon
                            • Sub 5:00 Half Iron
                            • Sub 11:00 Ironman
                            • Get better at swimming

Tough but doable goals.

I am just awful.  Well I ran 10K and HM PR's, so there is that.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris

RunningOnSand

• Stay mostly injury free 
                                • 1800 miles (I actually have no idea how much it'll be, as coach usually dictates my mileage, but it was 1750 or so last year so I figure this is a safe bet...2000 would be amazing)
                                • 3:40Tight lippedx or under marathon...aka run a BQ
                                • Sub 1:47 HM

•  Check ✅
                                • close...1788
                                • fail. I ran a 4:00 (10 min slower than 2018’s PR, but had been battling high hamstring tendinopathy and low iron levels)
                                • check ✅ ... 1:46 at Mesa-Phx in the beginning of the year (Feb)