Beginners and Beyond

Where Have All the MONDAILIES Gone? (Read 45 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ah yes... I forgot about the race pace +10% training principle. Not used to it with Pfitz. 9:30 pace will bring you a huuuge PR. We are all rooting for you.

I know!  However, it wouldn't be strange if the day of the race my asthma does not let me run what I have been running in training.  But even a slight reduction is still a good time.  We'll see.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Don't worry lily, I do the same thing, there's something about being on the treadmill that makes you have to run x pace, even tho you wouldn't be running that pace if you were outside, it's crazy.  That's probably the biggest thing I hate about the treadmill, not being able to let my body pick the pace.  Altho, I will say that it is very handy when you're doing pace specific work.

Some of you have already seen it on fb, but it's official, we're moving to Greenville, SC!!!   I'm super excited.  I'll be going down in a couple of weeks, and then the family will follow me after the school year is out.  I'll miss the goal races I had planned, so I just signed up for the Shamrock half this Sunday.  Only losing a few weeks of my training plan (plus the five days I took off last week), but I feel like I'm still in a good position for a solid PR.  And even if I don't PR, if it gives me one last chance to hang out with all of my running friends here.  Plus, if I'm lucky, I'll have a couple of FEs to boot!  Just have to see if we can find each other in a crowd of 15,000 people. lol

Congrats!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Word! I am very excited for you, your training has been awesome lately!

Awww, you guys are making me nervous, ha!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I agree with lily and LRB, Baboon!

Mr. Cassidy was very nice.  One of the attorneys at my office showed up, though, because she wanted to meet him.

Damaris

Mmmmm...beer

Phil, I'm in the same boat.  I was supposed to do a tuneup race this past weekend for my originally planned goal half, but I had too much going on, so that didn't happen.  Now my goal race is off and I'm doing a half next weekend, and don't really know what to shoot for.  Given my LT paces recently, I have an idea of what I might be capable of, but I'm going to have to just wing it and go by feel.  I'll do an assessment at 7 & 10 miles and see how I'm feeling and adjust as needed.  Luckily, I know the course, and the weather is looking perfect so far, low of 35, high of 50, should be in the 40s for the race which is perfect, imo.  Very similar weather to when I ran this same race two years ago and set my current half PR. Smile

Thanks lily!  I've already joined a couple of fb groups for the new area, and it turns out that a lady on my 2015in2015 team lives in Greenville, so I've been picking her brain on the running scene down there.  Looks to be a large and active running community, much like where I live now, so that'll be nice.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Ric-G

6 miles this AM and maybe a couple more later...i do know later that i will be watching the "i hate christian laettner" show that i taped yesterday. have a "fun" monday everyone!

congrats d2;

baboon - agree with lily about the pace.

marathon pr - 3:16

LRB

One of the attorneys at my office showed up, though, because she wanted to meet him.

How professional.

LRB

...i do know later that i will be watching the "i hate christian laettner" show that i taped yesterday.

I did not see that last night  but he was apart of the Duke team that ripped my heart out beating my beloved Wolverines in '91.

Michigan was better athletically but the dookies were much more fundamentally sound and disciplined and this just in; they were good too! As proven a year earlier when they dismantled what had been a powerhouse in the Running Rebels.

As cruel as irony can be, of course he ended up a Piston (via trade) and proceeded to stink up the joint as he was unable to provide any semblance of help to a burgeoning team with the likes of 3 Mills, Jerry Stackhouse, Grant Hill, Loy Vaught et al.

He tore his achilles and was just never able to regain what he had in Atlanta.

As far as the title of the 30 for 30, Stackhouse decked him in the eye over a card game during a team flight so he was hated by more than the fans. lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris

Ric-G

I and proceeded to stink up the joint as he was unable to provide any semblance of help to a burgeoning team with the likes of 3 Mills, Jerry Stackhouse, Grant Hill, Loy Vaught et al.

funny thing is i never hated laettner but he definitely seemed the a-hole. funny you mention those nba players, such as stackhouse, vaught. i can totally forget those names and once they're mentioned, i remember them. the brain is scary that way.

marathon pr - 3:16

cjones1

Some of you have already seen it on fb, but it's official, we're moving to Greenville, SC!!!   I'm super excited.  I'll be going down in a couple of weeks, and then the family will follow me after the school year is out.  I'll miss the goal races I had planned, so I just signed up for the Shamrock half this Sunday.  Only losing a few weeks of my training plan (plus the five days I took off last week), but I feel like I'm still in a good position for a solid PR.  And even if I don't PR, if it gives me one last chance to hang out with all of my running friends here.  Plus, if I'm lucky, I'll have a couple of FEs to boot!  Just have to see if we can find each other in a crowd of 15,000 people. lol

Cool.  Congrats!  Let us know how you like the Swamp Rabbit and the trails at Paris Mountain.

4.5m easy this morning.  First run now that we're back home.  Much nicer weather than when we left. Smile

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Forgot to say, my hair is gorgeous, David Cassidy said so. 

Damaris

LRB

Forgot to say, my hair is gorgeous, David Cassidy said so. 

Aw, you should let him off with just a warning this time.

Mmmmm...beer

Cool.  Congrats!  Let us know how you like the Swamp Rabbit and the trails at Paris Mountain.

Thanks!  I will definitely be posting about my running adventures when I get down there.  It's going to suck being away from the family for two months, but on the upside, more time for running, I see a lot of doubles in my future.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

funny thing is i never hated laettner but he definitely seemed the a-hole. funny you mention those nba players, such as stackhouse, vaught. i can totally forget those names and once they're mentioned, i remember them. the brain is scary that way.

Yeah, it just needs that trigger. I go through it all the time now the further I get away from the 90's, which incredibly were 20+ years ago.