Beginners and Beyond

Sleepy Sundailies! (Read 41 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It's almost 10am!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I just woke up and there is no dailies?  What?

10 miles for me tonight.

Damaris

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Little blue we moved to Troy Mi when I was 10. I didn't stay after high school. . Went to school in St Louis. Moved to NC after that (I lived all over NC from 1989 to 2000 from Roanoke Rapids to Fayetteville to Gastonia to Cary to Rockingham. Only missed living in the north west part). Dh and I have been in Charleston SC for over 14.5 years now.

Marjorie

Well I'm gonna run soon, but I am still torn between trying to brave the slushy slippery mess out there, vs. enduring the drudgery of the treadmill. Still completely up in the air.

Dave

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Add one more day to my 0 streak.

Stay warm and dry out there folks.

Runner with a riding problem.

You Rang?

Twelve this afternoon on the beach.  It's the last long-ish run before the WDW marathon next weekend.

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

LRB

'Sup!

I did 4 easy in a light breezy mist. I would have liked to have done 6 but my back was not happy with me after yesterday's romp over the snow covered trail so I played it safe.

LRB

I just woke up and there is no dailies?  What?

Maybe you should wake up earlier. lol

Little Blue

6 miles slogged.  Should have had my snorkel and swim fins.

Holy crap, what a difference a day makes.  Most of my recent runs have been mid-40's.  Today it's 65, dew point 65.  It's like breathing through Saran Wrap!

MarjorieAnn, I would have guessed military, but I don't think there's much of that in Gastonia and Rockingham!  We're in the Cary area, been here since 1981.  DH's maternal side of the family is in Charleston.  West Ashley, to be specific.  I'm beginning to think we might be related!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

10.56 miles for me and Rocky... I think...  thanks to a bathroom break (including searching for a good spot away from the road) my watch went on power save mode at 7.03 miles but I didn't know until about .13 miles later, I was pissed as my left leg was giving me issues - just under my left buttcheek is now acting up and my whole hamstring was tight, and my toes were inflamed. I ran back to where I had stopped it at 7.03 and then back up to where I had realized what happened which gave me .17 miles and then I finished the second run at 3.4 miles so I think it's around 10.6 or something like that. The whole run sucked overall.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

B-Plus

I have 16 miles to take care of. I'm considering waiting out the rain.

Half Crazy K 2.0

3 on the treadmill last night. Waiting for the 60 degrees the weather guys promised. Right now its really foggy, so if it doesn't clear, it will be the mill again.

Cyberic

You know what is slippier than ice? Ice with a thin layer of water over it. The conditions are horrible. I wasn't going to run because of that, and that doesn't happen often. I was driving back with my son from his soccer game when I saw a group of 5-6 runners outside. That did it. If they can do it, so can I. I went to Home Depot and bought some hex head 1/2 inch long screws, and screwed them under a retired pair of running shoes. Always wanted to try that.  So I headed out and I was smiling. It works real real good. After about a mile I was thinking how I could improve my method by adding a couple here, and this and that.

Today was my long run day, and didn't know if I was going to do it. Then one of my shoes became a bit slippier. Didn't know if I had lost screws, or if they were packing with ice, but I decided to head home. Had about 3.5 miles to go. My left forefoot wasn't gripping anymore.

Got home safe. I had lost 3 screws under my left foot (out of 7 total), all in the forefoot. Probaly the way I run...

So a great experience, but my screw placement needs improvements. Next time I'm going to bring a few extra screws and a driver, just in case.

Little Blue

^ ^ 

Garmin - check

Water - check

Gloves - check

Screwdriver - check

....wait, what??

LRB

You know what is slippier than ice? Ice with a thin layer of water over it. The conditions are horrible. I wasn't going to run because of that, and that doesn't happen often. I was driving back with my son from his soccer game when I saw a group of 5-6 runners outside. That did it. If they can do it, so can I. I went to Home Depot and bought some hex head 1/2 inch long screws, and screwed them under a retired pair of running shoes. Always wanted to try that.  So I headed out and I was smiling. It works real real good. After about a mile I was thinking how I could improve my method by adding a couple here, and this and that.

Today was my long run day, and didn't know if I was going to do it. Then one of my shoes became a bit slippier. Didn't know if I had lost screws, or if they were packing with ice, but I decided to head home. Had about 3.5 miles to go. My left forefoot wasn't gripping anymore.

Got home safe. I had lost 3 screws under my left foot (out of 7 total), all in the forefoot. Probaly the way I run...

So a great experience, but my screw placement needs improvements. Next time I'm going to bring a few extra screws and a driver, just in case.

I would put some type of bonding glue on the screws before screwing them in when I finally get around to trying it.