Beginners and Beyond

WednesHumpDAILIES (Read 32 times)

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

14 this morning with 3 sets of 4 mile tempos in between a mile warm-up and a mile warm-down. Was hoping to do 7:15-7:20 tempo pace (have the Crim ten mile race in a week and a half and that's my target pace) but finished at 7:31. I'll blame some on the first run of the season starting in the dark with the headlamp  and some dirt road/trail portions...but coming back there was no excuse other than just a little slower than I wanted. But felt pretty good.

This season is at the point were I feel really good about things which always means something bad is about to happen...

onemile

14 this morning with 3 sets of 4 mile tempos in between a mile warm-up and a mile warm-down. Was hoping to do 7:15-7:20 tempo pace (have the Crim ten mile race in a week and a half and that's my target pace) but finished at 7:31. I'll blame some on the first run of the season starting in the dark with the headlamp  and some dirt road/trail portions...but coming back there was no excuse other than just a little slower than I wanted. But felt pretty good.

This season is at the point were I feel really good about things which always means something bad is about to happen...

you were planning to run 12 miles at your 10 mile (goal) race pace?

onemile

I ran (nearly) 8

Cyberic

The dailies are started!!! Thanks wolvmar!

Onemile has a point. I think that when a planned workout has you run more miles  than the target distance pace (example 12 miles at 10 mile pace), chances are strong that you won't be able to do it, or your target race pace is soft.

Some disagree with me, but I just don't see how it can be otherwise. Maybe you could provide enlightenment Smile

Run commute for me. Very easy. My joints do not appreciate the fast running I did yesterday.

bluerun

Super B****

4.2 miles that felt really sloggish. And no, I don't mean sluggish.

Anyone want to try making waffles?

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

onemile

Onemile has a point. I think that when a planned workout has you run more miles  than the target distance pace (example 12 miles at 10 mile pace), chances are strong that you won't be able to do it, or your target race pace is soft.

Some disagree with me, but I just don't see how it can be otherwise. Maybe you could provide enlightenment Smile

also attempting insanely hard workouts when you always are getting injured seems like asking for more of the same

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have done 18 with 10 @ MP but at the end of marathon training and as the last workout before a race. It's hard AF and not to be done often (if not ever).  But it's a workout for when you are at peak shape.

I have 8 with strides.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Slept in today, figured I'll take my recovery seriously (though I could've gotten up).

It's going to be a busy day today so most likely today will be an RD.

I'm still feeling good, little sore in the gums but other than that okay. Eating is freaking weird.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

GinnyinPA

Insomnia got me up at 4:00, so I ran 7.2 this morning in a light fog. There was a rainbow in the cloud, but otherwise it was a slog. I don't do well on 2 1/2 hours sleep.

Odd mismatch with the ad. Some editor wasn't paying attention.

bluerun

Super B****

Insomnia got me up at 4:00, so I ran 7.2 this morning in a light fog. There was a rainbow in the cloud, but otherwise it was a slog. I don't do well on 2 1/2 hours sleep.

Odd mismatch with the ad. Some editor wasn't paying attention.

That's what I'll have to do on purpose on Friday to get in a long run before work. The thought makes me want to cry.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Baboon

delicate flower

Hey.  I had a good-for-me 2300 yard swim this morning, plus a run on tap after work.  Walked into work with a headache, and then work started to piss me off.  I reminded my boss that I'll be out of the office for four days starting next Thursday, and I added in a not so subtle jab at the fact that work bothers me any time I take a day off.  I want them to leave me the hell alone when I am away!  I have not taken more than one day off in a row since last year, and I have worked many weekends during that time.  #woeisme

<3

Mr MattM

I think 3 x 4 @ 10 mile race pace should be doable if there is a sufficient recovery interval.  You're not running 12 consecutive miles @ 10 mile race pace (which is actually not possible)... you're running 4 miles @ 10 mile race pace and recovering, then running 4 more... recovering... then running 4 more.  It's a hard workout for sure, but not impossible if the recovery interval is sufficient.

That said, I wouldn't try it.  Smile

I just want to get 4 miles in today.  Had 5 on the schedule yesterday and only made it 2 miles before having to run/walk mile 3 due to a burning left achilles tendon.

Damn, getting back into running is hard.

you were planning to run 12 miles at your 10 mile (goal) race pace?

be curious; not judgmental

DavePNW

My alarm got me up at 4:30, and as an early AM runner, I am usually running in a pretty heavy fog, mentally speaking.

8 miles with a light race week workout of 3x1200m. Good enough. Faster than last week’s 1200s anyway.

Dave

Cyberic

Hey.  I had a good-for-me 2300 yard swim this morning, plus a run on tap after work.  Walked into work with a headache, and then work started to piss me off.  I reminded my boss that I'll be out of the office for four days starting next Thursday, and I added in a not so subtle jab at the fact that work bothers me any time I take a day off.  I want them to leave me the hell alone when I am away!  I have not taken more than one day off in a row since last year, and I have worked many weekends during that time.  #woeisme

And what was his reaction to that?

Baboon

delicate flower

And what was his reaction to that?

He said he'd cover for me and that I should enjoy my relaxing time.  Then I reminded him I am doing an Ironman and will not be relaxing.  Stress before, pain during, soreness after.

<3