Beginners and Beyond

Insipid ThursDAILIES (Read 39 times)

delicate flower

20:39 because I suck. 

I am guessing you did not find 20:39 to be a satisfactory race performance?

<3

onemile

I am guessing you did not find 20:39 to be a satisfactory race performance?

Why would I?

My half marathon predicts 19:56

My marathon predicts 20:12

Would you be happy?  Your half and full PRs match mine.

DavePNW

Fortunately I read a post about how to fix YTD miles before I saw mine was zero. I actually opened it first thing just to make sure the log was still there at all, and didn't notice that part.

Anyhoo, last-minute signup yesterday for 5k tomorrow. Can't remember if I mentioned this, but there is a "wet" and a "dry" option. The latter involves an icy plunge into the lake 100m before the finish. I'll be staying dry thank you.

Weather expected to be about 30 degrees, no rain, no wind, so no complaints. Until I inevitably find out how hilly the damn thing probably is. We'll see.

I was originally going to do about 10 today, but since I decided to race tomorrow, maybe 5 or something. A bit later this morning.

Dave

delicate flower

Why would I?

I didn't see what your expectations were going into the race.  Maybe just a bad day?  My last marathon was a bad day.  Better to have one on 5K day.

<3

onemile

FYP. Nice job for a race that I'm guessing was not in ideal weather conditions.

Splits? AG placing? Swag report for Baboon? C'mon, man!

The course was clear except for a wooden bridge in mile 2 which was slippery and had to be crossed twice (out and back).  It was 24 degrees with light wind.

3rd AG,  7th female.  I chose a $5 gift card in lieu of a medal.

It's in my log now.  The 2nd mile was woodsy and the garmin readings seemed off. It was saying 7:07 or something and I was sure I wasn't that slow.  Or maybe I was.

DavePNW

Why would I?

Well we have discussed this at length, but McMillan predicts your times about as well as it does mine, but in the other direction. You probably have a better shot at a 20:00 5k than I do at a 1:36 HM or 3:22 FM. Everyone's personal formula is different. But yeah I would be pissed too, mainly because a 5k seems so easy, except when you're actually running it.

Dave

DavePNW

You have now lost your amateur status.

Dave

LRB

IDIOT ALERT:
                  LRB

I totally thought the affluenza case had something to do with flu or some other "cold" type virus! That is until I was sitting eating breakfast earlier and overheard a couple talking about it, it was then that I realized I am an utter moron.

In my defense (this is weak but true), I have never even bothered to actually read the damn sub-story under the headline, but still.

delicate flower

It's in my log now. 

NOOOOOOOO!

Dude, is that elevation profile in your log accurate?  Because .  Nobody is PR'ing on that.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Went back and read the thread. You all right now FS?

Onemile, what's sucky about that? I don't get it.

Yeah, figured things out with help. And I am no longer feeling like crap, so all is well Smile hopefully I can get my run in later this afternoon.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

20:39 because I suck. 

If I recall correctly, this was number 3 of the series. How many races are left, 2 or 3?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I totally thought the affluenza case had something to do with flu or some other "cold" type virus! That is until I was sitting eating breakfast earlier and overheard a couple talking about it, it was then that I realized I am an utter moron.

In my defense (this is weak but true), I have never even bothered to actually read the damn sub-story under the headline, but still.

Hell I haven't really bothered checking that whole thing out.... but maybe I will.

Edit: So an idiot driving "drunk" ended up killing 4 people 2 years ago and thought he could get away with whatever he did because he was a rich spoiled brat??

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

NOOOOOOOO!

Dude, is that elevation profile in your log accurate?  Because .  Nobody is PR'ing on that.

I think it looks dramatic because the scale on the left is goes from 660 to 760.  It was not hilly.  There was a small "hill" which you can barely even call a hill within the first quarter mile, and then a gradual grade down, across a wooden bridge, turn around, gradual grade up, small hill, finish.  It was not a hard course and maybe the slippery bridge cost a few seconds - it was pretty long and I had to cross it twice but I don't think that really affected my time much.

onemile

If I recall correctly, this was number 3 of the series. How many races are left, 2 or 3?

There are 3 more.  Jan 24, Feb 14, Mar 20