Beginners and Beyond

Black Fridailies, aka Thanksgiving Food Hangover Dailies (Read 43 times)

Hip Redux

Actually nothing has been ruled out. I am going through the process as has always been the case, wherever that leads me is where I'll be, 5 minutes early. I have a great relationship with my sports doc and we discussed all the options (including scans). 

Dude, that was my first question!

Groin injuries are complex, for sure.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Dude, that was my first question!

Groin injuries are complex, for sure.

And they might take a while to solve themselves.  Not sure if mine was ever healed with all the shit that happened around it, but hopefully yours will do so soon.

Damaris

Hip Redux

And they might take a while to solve themselves.  Not sure if mine was ever healed with all the shit that happened around it, but hopefully yours will do so soon.

Yep.  There's actually a LOT of stuff going on in that part of the body and symptoms can be similar.  Hernia, hip joint problems, hip flexor problems, women parts problems (I think LRB can cross that one off the list at least).

LRB

Yep.  There's actually a LOT of stuff going on in that part of the body and symptoms can be similar.  Hernia, hip joint problems, hip flexor problems, women parts problems (I think LRB can cross that one off the list at least).

Don't be so sure.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Almost sure that's the case ....

Damaris

Hip Redux

Don't be so sure.

NTTAWWT

:P

Hip Redux

So speaking of groins, mine is killing me.  And not the not-yet-repaired-hip, the surgically fixed hip.  Sad   I ran 5 miles yesterday so I'm sure that's it - I've been doing 6 or so every week without too much issue but on trails or packed dirt.  Road running is another beast altogether when it comes to pounding the joints.

It was buzzing all night last night, and now feels like someone banged me with a hammer on my pubic bone.   Which is better than the "ice pick to the groin" feeling from the OTHER hip the other week, but at 18 months post-surgery, I would like to be done with the aches and pains already.

LRB

NTTAWWT

:P

Had to resort to google for that one, only to find I should have known that. 

Hip Redux

Had to resort to google for that one, only to find I should have known that. 

LRB

So speaking of groins, mine is killing me.  And not the not-yet-repaired-hip, the surgically fixed hip.  Sad   I ran 5 miles yesterday so I'm sure that's it - I've been doing 6 or so every week without too much issue but on trails or packed dirt.  Road running is another beast altogether when it comes to pounding the joints.

It was buzzing all night last night, and now feels like someone banged me with a hammer on my pubic bone.   Which is better than the "ice pick to the groin" feeling from the OTHER hip the other week, but at 18 months post-surgery, I would like to be done with the aches and pains already.

Yeah you're passed the point of playing the game of real or imaginary, although with running something always hurts. Most often inexplicably.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ugh, Oski.

Damaris

Hip Redux

Yeah you're passed the point of playing the game of real or imaginary, although with running something always hurts. Most often inexplicably.

There's always something that hurts, yeah.  But this is the over and above the normal level of ow.  Meh.

Oh and my shoulder is killing me today.  I might be the only person who can run a 5 miler and wake up with a sore shoulder.

LRB

There's always something that hurts, yeah.  But this is the over and above the normal level of ow.  Meh.

Oh and my shoulder is killing me today.  I might be the only person who can run a 5 miler and wake up with a sore shoulder.

We could be twins FFS, I've been told to limit sleeping on my sides but despite my sincerest efforts I invariably end up doing exactly that.

Hip Redux

We could be twins FFS, I've been told to limit sleeping on my sides but despite my sincerest efforts I invariably end up doing exactly that.

LRB

lol