Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES (Read 42 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

SO MANY PAGES.

Re: shorts/tights.  My husband wears shorts over tights.  His thighs are big, so he burns through crotches of running tights like you wouldn't believe.    Be thankful for the shorts.

I've seen men in worn out cycling shorts. It is something that cannot be unseen. I'm sure running tights are the same. Just say no to visible pubes.

bluerun

Super B****

Nothing, but nothing, will beat the guy ahead of me on the bike course of a triathlon... he had chosen to wear a white tri suit.

He had also met with an unfortunate accident.

I was highly motivated to pass him, even though I'm a slowpoke.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

DavePNW

Well I don't think I'd wear the manpris, but then again I don't wear tights either. I only have looser fitting running pants, which I've always been happy with. Happier now that I can just run in shorts all through the winter. In any case, I have seen some really fast guys wearing the manpris, so who am I to judge. I've never worn a singlet either, I just wear shirts from races.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Nothing, but nothing, will beat the guy ahead of me on the bike course of a triathlon... he had chosen to wear a white tri suit.

Yuck.

My old next door neighbors had a renter who "sunbathed" in the back yard. Only problem, there was never sun when he did this. IN HIS TIGHTY WHITIES! He also did some yoga-ish stuff. Again, can't be unseen.

onemile

Well I don't think I'd wear the manpris, but then again I don't wear tights either. I only have looser fitting running pants, which I've always been happy with. Happier now that I can just run in shorts all through the winter. In any case, I have seen some really fast guys wearing the manpris, so who am I to judge. I've never worn a singlet either, I just wear shirts from races.

Capris seem to cover that space between the upper 30's and lower 40's where I am hesitating on shorts.  I've actually been wearing mine enough lately I was thinking to buy a second pair.

onemile

Is it possible to feel the effects of a hard workout, not the next day, but subsequent days?  In other words, you do a hard workout and the next day surprisingly you don't feel too bad but then the next few days your legs feel like absolute garbage?  

LRB

I started off in track pants, and for a long time the thought of wearing tights was about as preposterous as wearing

running shorts. I tried the tights as an off-season "experiment", then, the thought of wearing loose pants ever again became preposterous. Ditto running shorts versus knee length shorts.

The moral of the story? Ignorance is bliss. lol

LRB

Your talent for painting a clear picture is astounding.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Is it possible to feel the effects of a hard workout, not the next day, but subsequent days?  In other words, you do a hard workout and the next day surprisingly you don't feel too bad but then the next few days your legs feel like absolute garbage?  

Actually yes.

DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) -  I believe there's a whole science about about.

My body usually doesn't wait to let me know that it's pissed, but I think it's pretty common.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

I think so. For me, the Sunday after a race is no bid deal (for the most part) but then come Tuesday (I usually take Mondays off) I have no life in my legs! It took me awhile to put it together, but eventually, I stopped doing speed work on the Tuesday after a weekend race for that very reason.

LRB

I've seen men in worn out cycling shorts. It is something that cannot be unseen. I'm sure running tights are the same. Just say no to visible pubes.

I see you're a good writer as well.

Baboon

delicate flower

I usually feel the worst two days after a race or very hard training run.  The day after I am usually a little stiff, but it takes another day for the muscle pain to really kick in.

<3

onemile

I think so. For me, the Sunday after a race is no bid deal (for the most part) but then come Tuesday (I usually take Mondays off) I have no life in my legs! It took me awhile to put it together, but eventually, I stopped doing speed work on the Tuesday after a weekend race for that very reason.

Yes, so on Friday I did 5x1 mile at 10k w/ 90 second recoveries.  And then 4x200's.  Saturday's run was a bit sore but I ran pretty well.  Then Sunday's and Monday's were pure misery.  Heavy, stiff legs, can barely trudge along.  Walking around today I can still feel it - my legs feel really tight and stiff.

LRB

Yes, so on Friday I did 5x1 mile at 10k w/ 90 second recoveries.  And then 4x200's.  Saturday's run was a bit sore but I ran pretty well.  Then Sunday's and Monday's were pure misery.  Heavy, stiff legs, can barely trudge along.  Walking around today I can still feel it - my legs feel really tight and stiff.

That was a helluva workout. And if you had any doubts if it was or not; they gone. Big grin

LRB

I usually feel the worst two days after a race or very hard training run.  The day after I am usually a little stiff, but it takes another day for the muscle pain to really kick in.

For me, it depends on the intensity and the duration of the intervals. I do surprising well after MP runs (which last forever) and mile pace which is much faster but shorter. In the days that follow though, 5 and 10k intervals kicky my booty.