Beginners and Beyond

Sunday 10/30 (Read 44 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

0 for me.  I'm going to look at an elliptical this afternoon.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  I have 12 miles tonight.

PR, hope the elliptical helps.

Damaris

Cyberic

Ran 11, with 2 x 10 minutes at MP, 47 for the week. I'm pretty much where I want to be now: 40-50 mpw, 2 speed sessions per week and some quality in the long run. Now I want to get faster at doing it, which will be a long journey.

PR: Damn, that sucks. Are you willing to try anything? I talked to a runner I know today. She's 65 and holds many Canadian records. She has a foot injury and her osteopath told her to put cabbage leafs around her foot. It's supposed to have curative properties. I don't think I'd try it, personnally, but I thought maybe you would. I don't know how she keeps the leafs in place, but from what she said, she keeps them in place for hours. Maybe you're willing to try that.

onemile

Sorry PR 

No more marathons

Good morning!

Have a great day folks!

I've got one you're welcome to have.  

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

I'd like to send a special thanks to our friends across the boarder to the North for sending one of their special treasures to visit us down South.

Saw Loreena Mckennitt in concert last night.  That's the second time in nine years she has visited Asheville and we've caught both shows.

Might do an easy trail run later today (wait - did I really say that????).

Might not.

Onemile - really enjoyed your videos.  That's one special GSD you've got there.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

bluerun

Super B****

10.3, the last miles of NYCM... and the thought of doing this faster next week makes me want to cry (because HOW?!) and laugh (because HOW?!).

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

onemile

Onemile - really enjoyed your videos.  That's one special GSD you've got there.

Thanks, he is pretty special. I don't know how he ended up in rescue. Actually I kind of do.. he is a LOT of dog for someone who is not experienced with the breed, and even for someone who is. That's why we do nosework, he really does need a job to do

LRB

Good morning!

Have a great day folks!

I did the same thing in the fall of 2012, it's actually uplifting. The one thing I would recommend is to spend 5 to 10 minutes on each one, paying close attention to foot placement as it relates to your knees and what zero resistance feels like. As some of them things don't allow you to stretch out and others have no easy gear.

LRB

I'm pretty much where I want to be now...

Any day that you can say that is a good day.

Former Detroit Pistons' trainer Arnie Kander used similar methods to reduce swelling and absorb toxins from injuries years ago, so there is precedence there.

LRB

Might do an easy trail run later today (wait - did I really say that????).

Might not.

I enjoyed it, it's not everyday that someone says that about running

LRB

10.3, the last miles of NYCM... and the thought of doing this faster next week makes me want to cry (because HOW?!) and laugh (because HOW?!).

If there was ever a time to fret, IT'S NOOOOOW. lol

Baboon

delicate flower

Pulled my focking hammy a quarter mile into my duathlon.  I got through the race but it's hurtin, man.

Run 1:  3 miles, 6:47 pace

Bike:  11 miles, 19.5 mph

Run 2:  2 miles, 7:23 pace (I ran easy)

15/65 OA, 4/9 AG

Oski and Wife got 2 and 3 AG!  And we met Lauren....hooray FE!!

ETA:  Mr Oski took 3rd in my AG.  WHO INVITED HIM.

<3

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

7 easy for me and a nice breakfast with wife. All the chores about the house are done, it's raining, so that means it is a lazy day from here on out.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Pulled my focking hammy a quarter mile into my duathlon.  I got through the race but it's hurtin, man.

Run 1:  3 miles, 6:47 pace

Bike:  11 miles, 19.5 mph

Run 2:  2 miles, 7:23 pace (I ran easy)

15/65 OA, 4/9 AG

Oski and Wife got 2 and 3 AG!  And we met Lauren....hooray FE!!

ETA:  Mr Oski took 3rd in my AG.  WHO INVITED HIM.

LMAO!!

I hope the hammy is nothing serious. Nice "easy" pace on the last two miles.