Beginners and Beyond

Soggy Mondailies on the 1st (Read 29 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 4 in the rain.  It's warm, so it didn't feel bad.  I would like it to dry up for a few days, but the forecast isn't promising.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

delicate flower

Monday.  HOORAY MONDAY!!  Good morning, friends!

2700 yard swim before work.  Brand new swim shorts have a hole right in the pooper.  Of course I realized this after I already started swimming.  Heh.  Short run after work.  Sitting at the car shop right now while my car gets an oil change.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! Curse you, Monday!

I have 9 with 4 @ HMP.  Still with congestion junk to eliminate, but finally feeling better.

Damaris

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

After running 29.2 miles in 4 days (a lot for me) I'm in taper mode for D3 in less than 2 weeks now.  How do these races sneak up on me so quickly?

Looking across the country a lot of races were affected by major storm systems. USATF HM in Columbus was halted due to storms and lightning. An ultra in Oklahoma was also halted due to high water levels making some of the stream crossing too dangerous. Flooding was so bad in the little southern Illinois town where my nephew lives, probably not that far from FS, that videos made Yahoo! News.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

SRD.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Morning people.

RD from running today. But I did hit the gym. And I felt like blah the whole time........ ugh....

No automatic alt text available.

Our drive way is flooded, I'll post a pic of it sometime today but I'm having to drive through the front yard since it is higher up.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Our driveway, and our neighbors......

Image may contain: cloud, sky, tree, grass, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: sky, cloud, tree, grass, outdoor and nature

The road is quite a bit higher up than our drive there, and we've got a lot of craters that make it even deeper.... we seriously need to put new gravel down. But from the road it dips like a foot or more down our driveway and their yard is even lower. I should've taken the pics of their house and backyard as the water is now rising up enough to come around the back and side of their house, backyard and polebarn.

Thankfully our house is up high on a hill, I had to drive through the front yard but that is even getting nasty and muddy and I don't have a four wheel drive.... I just hope it's lower by this afternoon.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

LRB

I couldn't imagine running today. Everything on my body hurt overnight and was worse when I woke up.

I'm going to spend the day eating shit up in preparation to get back at it tomorrow, hopefully feeling good. 👍

onemile

That's some crazy flooding FS

I have a rest day today or 6-7 miles... I'm not really sure what would be better at this point

I couldn't imagine running today. Everything on my body hurt overnight and was worse when I woke up.

+1. Plus, I was super tired this morning, despite getting a decent night's sleep and allowing myself to sleep in till 5:30. TGIRD.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

That's some crazy flooding FS

I have a rest day today or 6-7 miles... I'm not really sure what would be better at this point

Yeah.... our area sucks. We're so low in a valley that if some tsunami or big ass flood hit the East coast, we'd be dead just cause all the rivers would fill up and then overfill into our valley here..... we need to move to higher land lol.

PRs

LRB

Yeah she has never given me anything shorter than 5 miles, even the day before a marathon and usually no extra days off. Although I am hoping for one soon since it has been like 30 days in a row for me

Runshortii

I'll run 5 either today or tomorrow. Maybe with a few tempo miles, although I did some fast pickups yesterday so maybe I'll run tomorrow.  I hate the week of a race I actually to do well in. Am I running enough? Am I running too much? This is where a coach would probably come in handy to take the guesswork out lol

onemile

See, I always feel crappy after a rest day and she wants me to do a workout on Tuesday and at this point maybe it's better to stick to business as usual??

But it's going to start raining again soon so that makes me think rest is best 

onemile

I'll run 5 either today or tomorrow. Maybe with a few tempo miles, although I did some fast pickups yesterday so maybe I'll run tomorrow.  I hate the week of a race I actually to do well in. Am I running enough? Am I running too much? This is where a coach would probably come in handy to take the guesswork out lol

If it helps any, the workout my coach gave me for tomorrow is

1 mile between HMP and 10k pace

and then 8x300m around 10k pace (and a touch faster)