Beginners and Beyond

Wake up you lazy bums, it's the Saturdailies! (Read 43 times)

LRB

My server just suggested I try a brew called raggedy ass. This should be interesting. 

Cyberic

Lauren - so sorry for your loss. You did what was best.

Dave - My 5k PR splits are pretty similar, except the 7:20 is the last mile. 

Cyberic - Your plan is pretty ambitious for a first marathon. I know you've trained for half marathons with lots of miles and workouts but long runs are another added stress.  When is your marathon again? If not til fall, I might keep the track sessions plus some fast finish long runs every other week and then add some more marathon specific workouts as it gets closer.

Lily - I generally use what McMillian gives me from my best, most recent race as MP for training.  If I am out of shape, I try for those paces anyway! But I wouldn't try for a goal pace that I haven't run a race to support yet.  Rather train to your current fitness and increase the pace as your fitness improves.

My running has sucked lately.  My legs feel tired and sluggish all the time and my paces are slower.  Not 100% sure why. I am trying a few things to hopefully fix it.

Maybe a little ambitious, yes. But since it is not a canned plan, but home made, the good thing is I can adapt it and not feel like I'm cheating out Smile

I like your suggestion, to alternate.

A- "2 workouts (1 track + 1 Tempo) + 1 long run, the rest easy" week

B- "1 tempo workout + 1 long run" week with lots of MP miles thrown in.

Maybe for now I could do more A workouts with a B week thrown in once in a while. In a few weeks, move to an A-B pattern, and the closer the race, do more B and less A weeks. Or something like that.

DavePNW

Smartass comments apply to everyone regardless of pace. 

Dave

onemile

Sort of gravelly surface. Did not have much trouble with footing.

I run on crushed limestone regularly. It's slower.

onemile

Warmer temps perhaps?

No. I suck equally on cool days.

LRB

No. I suck equally on cool days.

I went through a similar spell in February and March. Hopefully you can ride ride it out, I never figured out what caused mine.

Baboon

delicate flower

lol - Nothing has changed. We are a family and all are welcome.

We love everyone!  Well, except that one person.  (You know who you are.)

<3

LRB

A- "2 workouts (1 track + 1 Tempo) + 1 long run, the rest easy" week

B- "1 tempo workout + 1 long run" week with lots of MP miles thrown in.

I did both but did not add in MP miles to my long run. It is something I have considered but I am of the opinion that you have to work your way up to that.

I have only run 3 marathons, the people who excel at that have run 4, 5, 6 or more. There is something to be said for experience where MRT is concerned, building cycle upon cycle and that whole thing.

LRB

My server just suggested I try a brew called raggedy ass. This should be interesting. 

I drank two. And now I am higher than the tax rate for middle class America.

LRB

I was concerned about one runner who looked fast, and sure enough he went out at a good clip, both of us totally ignoring the rabbitry of a big muscled guy out front.

Standard practice of sitting on the unknown's shoulder was employed, and I probably squandered a sub-17 by doing so.  But, better safe than sorry - what I don't want is to go out too hard and get surged on later.  Within a mile he started to slow enough to safely pull away.

You are having a great year Jay, just superb!

DavePNW

I assume that would be Norm's Raggedy Ass IPA from Griffin Claw Brewing in Birmingham? Not bad.

Wife & had no idea what to do for dinner, and no food in the house, so I suggested we go to Bonefish Grill, sit at the bar and have

bloody marys and appetizers. Which we did, except decided to forego the appetizers & just had dinner.

Dave

DavePNW

I run on crushed limestone regularly. It's slower.

Thanks to everyone for helping me come up with excuses I hadn't even thought of.

Dave

LRB

I assume that would be Norm's Raggedy Ass IPA from Griffin Claw Brewing in Birmingham? Not bad.

It was, and it wasn't.

I have never been to Bonefish but have heard good things about it.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'm good. Florida is great. I only quit running twice since I was here last.

She only says this because she is in Middle Florida....

9, half on the TM, half outside.  I should have stayed on the TM.  Too fucking hot.

Damaris