Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday, February 2 (Read 45 times)

LRB

Downhill!!  Though apparently the last time I did this workout, I ran that mile in 6:60.  (No, I'm not making that up... that's what it says in Garmin Connect.)

lol

Cyberic

I ran that mile in 6:60.  

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Aside from that annoying 20 mph wind, beautiful run/walk this morning around the university campus.  3.5 miles done in 56 degree weather.  Yeah, here in San Antonio we've really had a tough winter...it was 75 degrees last Saturday and 80 degrees on Sunday. 

Happy Groundhog Day!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Downhill!!  Though apparently the last time I did this workout, I ran that mile in 6:60.  (No, I'm not making that up... that's what it says in Garmin Connect.)

Hah! Garmin Connect loves to round - probably a 6:59.9 etc.  unless of course it actually is 6:60.0 in which case *shrug*

bluerun

Super B****

It was 6:59.8 ... in the activity itself, it shows up as 7:00.  But when I compare it with today, this is what I see.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

It was 6:59.8 ... in the activity itself, it shows up as 7:00.  But when I compare it with today, this is what I see.

It is with great fear that I tell you this, but you completely smoked that workout today compared to this one. :runs and hides:

onemile

It is with great fear that I tell you this, but you completely smoked that workout today compared to this one. :runs and hides:

Where are these splits?

bluerun

Super B****

Oh, I know.  That tends to happen when you're not running into a freezing 20 MPH headwind!

Where are these splits?

Now they're right here.

chasing the impossible

DavePNW

Double tie your shoes so that they're slightly snug when you run (or loose if you prefer that), but enough so you can slide them on and off relatively easy. Then don't untie them again, ROAR!

+1. Except, single knot. I tie a pair of shoes exactly once in its life. Never had one come untied.

8 w/10x100m strides.

Dave

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 15 miles.  2 miles WU, 5x1 @10k-ish and 1/2 mile recoveries,  an easy 1.5, 0.8 mile w/350ft gain, and the last 3.5 @ MP.  I am pleased.  And, I am tired and hungry.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

onemile

Now they're right here.

Nice!

LRB

+1. Except, single knot. I tie a pair of shoes exactly once in its life. Never had one come untied.

8 w/10x100m strides.

I single tie (knot?) my jogging shoes, but double tie my racing ones. Because you know THAT WOULD SUCK.

bluerun

Super B****

Nice!

Now to do that without the rest and for an additional mile... on my least favorite race course.

chasing the impossible

bluerun

Super B****

I single tie (knot?) my jogging shoes, but double tie my racing ones. Because you know THAT WOULD SUCK.

That happened to me once!!  Well, twice.  I stopped when it was mile two of a HM.  But halfway through a 5K, no, I'm not stopping to tie my shoe!!

It was the scariest race I've ever run in my life.

chasing the impossible

LRB

That happened to me once!!  Well, twice.  I stopped when it was mile two of a HM.  But halfway through a 5K, no, I'm not stopping to tie my shoe!!

It was the scariest race I've ever run in my life.

I believe it!